KM in Utility Industry #question

Douglas Weidner

Does anyone know of any KM implementations, successful or otherwise, in traditional utility industry (not nuclear)?

Douglas Weidner, eCKM Mentor

Chairman, International Knowledge Management Institute

Best in KM Training & Certification

Home of the KM Body of Knowledge

www.kminstitute.org

703-757-1395

Albert Simard <simarda@...>

Douglas -

Yes - Quebec Hydro has considerable experience with using KM.

The contact is Andree Dupere: dupere.andree@...

Feel free to use my name as intro.

Al Simard
National Manager-Knowledge Services
Canadian Food Inspection Agency

Linda Hummel

Hi Doug,
If Andree is agreeable, could you post your findings to the SIKM group?  thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Linda Hummel

GE Energy
937.602.3525

Yes - Quebec Hydro has considerable experience with using KM.

The contact is Andree Dupere: dupere.andree@ hydro.qc. ca

Feel free to use my name as intro.

Al Simard
National Manager-Knowledge Services
Canadian Food Inspection Agency

Douglas Weidner

Dear Linda,

I’d be glad to provide all, Andree permitting.

Here’s my more general request. Maybe you can help as well.

The KM Institute focuses on KM training and certification.

I have a major KM training client in the utility industry, who would like to benefit from some industry-specific experience in addition to the traditional and more generic KM principles, applications and techniques I teach.

Do you know of a good source of information about KM in your industry?

Do you have any non-proprietary, white papers or reports you might have written or know of that describe what’s hot v-v KM, but specifically in the utility industry?

Do you know of any others in your industry who might benefit from some visibility and the possibility of future consulting?

Thanks in advance.