Mass Announcements #guidelines

Stan Garfield

Given that we have had two recent mass announcements posted to this
community, I wanted to point out the policy which is posted on the home
page of our Yahoo Group:

POLICY: Members should not send messages which are copies of
announcements distributed through other channels. They can post one-time
invitations to join other distribution lists, but should not post
announcements unless customized to the context of a discussion taking
place in this community.

If you wish to announce something to this community, please do not
include it on a distribution list sent to many other communities.
Rather, please take the time to craft a customized message explaining
why the announcement should be of interest to community members and
inviting questions and comments. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,
Stan