Suggestions on any innovative ways for Knowledge Sharing & Competency Improvement #knowledge-sharing #expertise

sjagannath@...

Dear All,

Wanted to check for any new innovative ways for knowledge sharing have been instituted in organizations that have worked. One of the business needs am trying to solve is to improve the competency of the associates. So any metrics related ideas towards the same would also be very helpful.

I have been trying out with few techniques such as Lunch-n-Learn sessions, AAR & few others.

Regards

Srinivas

Keith De La Rue

Srinivas -

You wrote: "Wanted to check for any new innovative ways for knowledge sharing have been instituted in organizations that have worked. One of the business needs am trying to solve is to improve the competency of the associates."

I recently spent eight years working in an environment where we developed a number of methods of knowledge sharing. We used a "toolkit" approach, where we provided tools covering content management, communications and learning (including elearning) as a managed program. Our subject matter was product information, which we were providing to a B2B sales force, but the same approach works in any field.  We found in particularly that it is very important to ensure  that you have the needs of the target audience as a primary focus.

Tools we used included audio CDs (for car-based sales people), an online quiz, audio and video conference and a form of podcasting.  We had a central online document library, and also a web-based weekly newsletter for updates.

You can read more details on my blog at:

Also, there is a Case Study written in the earlier days of this work on my site at:

Regards,

 - Keith.
Keith De La Rue
AcKnowledge Consulting
...acting on knowledge, communication and learning
email: keith@...
phone: +61
418 51 7676
blog: http://acknowledgeconsulting.com/