Knowledge Bucket - KM Terms #resources #call-for #definition #wikis

Cory Banks

Edited

[Apologies for the cross-posting but we are casting a wide net.]

We would like to introduce you (again for some) to the Knowledge Bucket .

This is an effort to provide open source KM (freely available information and knowledge on knowledge management). The effort is voluntary in nature and there is no commercial proposition (see our drafts for a manifesto ).

We would like to here your thoughts on such an initiative.

The bucket has been filling for the last six months and we now have over 50 contributors mainly base in the Asia Pacific region.

We are inviting you to contribute. This is not meant to replace any currently existing resources, but to act as a portal to all the nooks and crannies that currently exist.

We are having a raid next week on the KM Terms section. Feel free to contribute of even have a look and pick something up.

In a blatant attempt to get KM people to practice what they preach, We hope you can join us.

Simard, Albert <albert.simard@...>

Cory (and KM colleagues) –

I have, at my disposal four KM-related glossaries that I developed for different projects.  They are: Knowledge Management (300 terms), Access to Knowledge (75 terms), Knowledge Services (400 terms), and a Modeling Framework (650 terms, high % KM-related).  The first 3 have been published; all are in the public domain.  As would be expected, there is some redundancy across the four glossaries, although each flavors specific definitions to the context in which they are intended to be used.

I am prepared to share these with SIKM, but I simply don’t have the time to cut & paste them into the terminology site.  They are currently available in WordPerfect and HTML (posted on a wiki); they could be readily converted to Word.

If anyone out there has the time to add them or has a summer student that is not fully occupied, let me know.

Al Simard

[...]

Murray Jennex

Albert,

I may have some time to work with it but definitely would like to go over it.  I'm the editor in chief if the International Journal of Knowledge Management and while I don't think this is directly publishable (and you say you've published already anyway), I would like to look at it and see if there is something that could be done for the KM community.  Of course I'll send you what ever I come up with and will continue the discussion with you on anything I think could be done.  Thanks...murray

Murray E. Jennex, Ph.D., P.E., CISSP, CSSLP
San Diego State University
Editor in Chief International Journal of Knowledge Management

In a message dated 5/7/2009 7:12:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, albert.simard@... writes:

[...]

Big savings on Dell's most popular laptops. Now starting at $449!