Topics

RoI for Word, email & ERP #value

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hello,

In tackling RoI questions about Enterprise 2.0 (or whatever we're calling it this week), I'm a little curious as to how organizations have dealt with (or avoided) RoI questions about previous waves of Enterprise technology. Three such waves come to mind:
- Email
- Word/Excel/PPT (& their various antecedents & competitors)
- ERP systems such as SAP & Oracle (and other process-based software covering CRM, SCM & HR)

Were RoI justifications required? Were they followed up afterwards?

Experiences & war stories much appreciated - on-list or off.

Regards,

Matt