KCS Town Hall Meeting in Boston #call-center #local

jacobwatts <jacob.watts@...>

Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS), for those not familiar with it, is a methodology for creating and maintaining knowledge in a support environment developed by the Consortium for Service Innovation, a non-profit organization.  Here at Cisco WebEx we have utilized KCS for over 7 years to manage content in our Knowledge Base, and while our implementation is not exactly perfect, we have had great success and believe in KCS as a methodology.  Honestly I'm surprised I don't hear more about it in this forum, but I am willing to guess there are members using or at least familiar with it.

It also seems like there are quite a few east-coast folks in this community, a few working directly out of Boston.  So when I received this invite, I thought it would be worth sharing with the group.  I attended a town hall meeting here in California a couple of months back with 2 other folks from Cisco WebEx, along with our counterpart at Cisco IronPort, who also runs a KCS shop.  We found it to be well worth the trip, so I thought I'd pass this along.  They limit the number of attendees to keep a small but productive group, so if interested make sure you sign up soon:

We will be hosting a Consortium town meeting in Boston, August 20th. If you are in the Boston area we hope you can join us. If not, please feel free to forward this invitation to any colleagues you have in the Boston area who might be interested in attending.

Town meetings are informal, one day sessions for people in the neighborhood to meet and discuss KCS adoption experiences. We will also provide an update on the projects the Consortium is working on.

More information and registration can be found on our website.  (http://www.serviceinnovation.org/events/townm_2010_08.php)

Thanks, Greg and Melissa