Looking for research on Agile/Scrum, Collaboration #agile

tomshort_tsc <tman9999@...>

I'm looking for existing research on Agile/Scrum applications, especially ones that incorporate collaboration/social media tools. Particularly interested in any academic research related to this topic. If anyone has any pointers please post up or email. Thank you!

Tom Short

Steve Denning

Hi Tom,

Of the many books on Agile/Scrum applications in software development, my take is that Mike Cohn's recent book, Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum (2009) is the best. It is a thoughtful and comprehensive summary of the state of the art of Agile/Scrum in the field of software development.
http://www.amazon.com/Succeeding-Agile-Software-Development-Using/dp/0321579364/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288208004&sr=1-1

My new book, The Leader's Guide to Radical Management: Reinventing the Workplace for the 21st Century (October 2010) examines the broader application of Scrum/Agile approaches beyond software development and looks at what it means for leadership and management at the organization-wide level. My conclusion: quite a lot.
http://www.amazon.com/Leaders-Guide-Radical-Management-Reinventing/dp/0470548681/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284151252&sr=1-1

Happy to discuss further, as needed.

Steve Denning
Web: http://stevedenning.com
The Leader's Guide to Radical Management
http://www.stevedenning.com/Books/radical-management.aspx
Collect an amazing array of leadership, management & storytelling tools at:
http://www.stevedenning.com/Workshops/launch2010.aspx
Recognize A Leader in your life: http://www.recognizealeader.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/stevedenning
Blog: http://stevedenning.typepad.com/steve_denning/