Case studies #books #case-studies

Stephanie Barnes

I am writing a Knowledge Management report for Ark Group tentatively called "Navigating the Knowledge Management Technology Maze" and am looking for case studies to include in the report.

Ideally I'm looking for organizations who have taken a strategic, requirements-analysis based approach to selecting the technology to support their KM strategy, does anyone know any organizations that meet that criteria?

Let me know if you do.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Fingerman, Susan M. <susan.fingerman@...>

Hi Stephanie,

This really sounds interesting, I’m just sorry it’s for the Ark Group. I realize they support and publish very high quality work, but it comes with very high, almost exorbitant pricing that inhibits widespread distribution, in my opinion.

We recently planned to purchase multiple copies of Arthur Shelley’s work, Being a Successful Knowledge Leader, but the £275 (+ shipping) charge limited us to one copy. I am well aware that market research reports generally cost in the thousands of $$, these types of books seem to me to serve a different purpose and need different pricing paradigms.

Good luck with the book.

Susan

Susan Fingerman
Science & Technology Information Services

The Information Group
JHU Applied Physics Laboratory, 5-128
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD 20723-6099
Phone: (443)778-4301/Baltimore  (240)228-4301/DC
Fax: (443)778-6614
susan.fingerman@...

I am writing a Knowledge Management report for Ark Group tentatively called "Navigating the Knowledge Management Technology Maze" and am looking for case studies to include in the report.

Ideally I'm looking for organizations who have taken a strategic, requirements-analysis based approach to selecting the technology to support their KM strategy, does anyone know any organizations that meet that criteria?

Let me know if you do.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Stephanie Barnes

Edited

Just to let you all know that Ark Group has published my report, Aligning People, Process and Technology in KM

Thanks, to Steve Wieneke and Chris Riemer, members of this community, for providing case studies for my report.

Best Regards,
Stephanie

--- In sikmleaders@..., "Barnes" wrote:

> I am writing a Knowledge Management report for Ark Group tentatively called "Navigating the Knowledge Management Technology Maze" and am looking for case studies to include in the report.
>
> Ideally I'm looking for organizations who have taken a strategic, requirements-analysis based approach to selecting the technology to support their KM strategy, does anyone know any organizations that meet that criteria?
>
> Let me know if you do.
>
> Thanks!
> Stephanie

Stan Garfield

Congratulations, Stephanie!  Would you like to present about this on a future SIKM call?

If other members have published, blogged, or presented something they would like to share here, please do so.  And also volunteer to present on a future call.  Thanks.

--- Stephanie Barnes wrote:
Just to let you all know that Ark Group has published my report, Aligning People, Process and Technology in KM
http://www.ikmagazine.com/xq/asp/pubid.5694CBB6-DAAF-4082-85BB-8F8D5AE6C\6A5/qx/Publication.htm

Stephanie Barnes

Hi Stan,

Thanks, yes, I would love to present.

Put me on the schedule.

Best Regards,
Stephanie

--- Stephanie Barnes wrote:
Just to let you all know that Ark Group has published my report,
Aligning People, Process and Technology in KM
http://www.ikmagazine.com/xq/asp/pubid.5694CBB6-DAAF-4082-85BB-8F8D5AE6C\;
&#92;6A5/qx/Publication.htm
<http://www.ikmagazine.com/xq/asp/pubid.5694CBB6-DAAF-4082-85BB-8F8D5AE6\;
C&#92;6A5/qx/Publication.htm>