Taxonomy Fairy Tales video #video #taxonomy

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hello,

I had the pleasure of discussing some "taxonomy fairy tales" with the excellent
Patrick Lambe recently. An 11 minute video of covering search engines,
auto-categorization, governance and experts is now available.

YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E78E_VuYhVE
Vimeo version: http://vimeo.com/19723578

(N.B. Both versions are identical - so choose your platform)

Patrick's Australian Taxonomy Workshop: http://innotecture.com.au/taxonomy/

Regards,

Matt

Jean Graef <jean.graef@...>

Thanks Matt and Patrick for a good description of four common “fairy tales.”

You may also be interested in “Ten taxonomy myths” published in the Montague Institute Review in 2002.

Jean

I had the pleasure of discussing some "taxonomy fairy tales" with the excellent
Patrick Lambe recently. An 11 minute video of covering search engines,
auto-categorization, governance and experts is now available.

YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E78E_VuYhVE
Vimeo version: http://vimeo.com/19723578

(N.B. Both versions are identical - so choose your platform)

Patrick's Australian Taxonomy Workshop: http://innotecture.com.au/taxonomy/

Regards,

Matt

Patrick Lambe

They still stand the test of time!

Patrick Lambe

Have you seen our new KM Planning Toolkit?

On Feb 10, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Jean Graef wrote:

Thanks Matt and Patrick for a good description of four common “fairy tales.”

You may also be interested in “Ten taxonomy myths” published in the Montague Institute Review in 2002.

Jean

I had the pleasure of discussing some "taxonomy fairy tales" with the excellent
Patrick Lambe recently. An 11 minute video of covering search engines,
auto-categorization, governance and experts is now available.

YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E78E_VuYhVE
Vimeo version: http://vimeo.com/19723578

(N.B. Both versions are identical - so choose your platform)

Patrick's Australian Taxonomy Workshop: http://innotecture.com.au/taxonomy/

Regards,

Matt

Jean Graef <jean.graef@...>

Patrick,

Thanks for the kind words.  Being based in Singapore, I wonder if you see a difference in the way KM, taxonomies, info arch are being practiced in the Asia/Pacific region vs. the North America/European region?

Jean

I had the pleasure of discussing some "taxonomy fairy tales" with the excellent
Patrick Lambe recently. An 11 minute video of covering search engines,
auto-categorization, governance and experts is now available.

YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E78E_VuYhVE
Vimeo version: http://vimeo.com/19723578

(N.B. Both versions are identical - so choose your platform)

Patrick's Australian Taxonomy Workshop: http://innotecture.com.au/taxonomy/

Regards,

Matt

Patrick Lambe

Personally, no. At the implementation level, I think we're working with universal human characteristics (if we can do something differently from others, we will). I think there are some differences in the level of awareness and availability of talent  compared to N America and Europe, but that is rapidly changing.