SIKM Leaders Community Dinner at KMWorld 2011 #KMWorld

Stan Garfield

Note: RSVP to Sue Hanley at the email address listed below.  Thanks to Sue for arranging this for the third year in a rwo!

Headed to KM World 11 in Washington, DC? Please join us for the third annual SIKM Leaders KM World dinner!

If you are planning to come to KM World in Washington DC in November, please plan on joining fellow members of the SIKM Leaders group and the KM EF (Knowledge Management Education Forum) for dinner on Wednesday night, November 2, 2011. We've had a great time and great conversation in previous years so RSVP soon … you don't want to miss this!

Here are the details:

Place: Lebanese Taverna, 2641 Connecticut Avenue NW

Time: 6:30 pm, Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Price: $33-40 (No Credit Cards – CASH ONLY)

Menu

Dinner-Only Option: (Price including tax and tip: $32.50)

·         Homemade pita bread with hommos

·         Tabouleh (Parsley Salad)

·         Chicken Shawarma

·         Stuffed Vegetables

·         Warm Awamat (Lebanese donuts served with honey-saffron syrup)

·         Choice of sodas and iced tea served with dinner

 Dinner with Beer/Wine Option: (price including tax and tip: $40.50)

·         Same menu plus one glass of the house red/white wine or beer

Please bring CASH. No credit cards.

Everyone will get an individual receipt based on their dinner option. If you want additional adult beverages, the bar is open and you can get a drink and bring it back to the table. If you want to eat something different, you are welcome to come to the restaurant that night – but we are required to have the fixed menu in the private room so if you want to sit in the room, it will be just like when you were growing up – you have to eat what you are served!

Please RSVP to Sue Hanley at sue@... no later than Thursday, October 27, 2011. When you RSVP, be sure to indicate how many are in your party and recognize that you are making a commitment. If you fail to show up and we don't have enough people to make the restaurant minimum for the private room, the rest of the group will be picking up your share of the meal – and we'll spend the entire dinner talking about you!

We have room for 65 people in the private room so RSVP soon and get ready for a great meal with great people!

Stan Garfield

If you have not already responded to Sue, and are planning to attend the dinner on Nov. 2, please take a moment to RSVP to Sue right now.  See below for why this is very important.  She needs to know the final count by this Friday.

As of tonight we are at 19 confirmed dinner participants. There are 3 from the KMEF and 11 SIKM people plus 5 "FOS" (friends of Sue, including Verna Allee, who is one of the keynote speakers on Thursday morning). We need another 20 or so people to make our minimum commitment so please feel free to invite people that you know will be at KM World and ask them to RSVP as soon as possible. I need to confirm the number by Friday of this week.