Looking for list of upcoming Enterprise Collaboration events #conferences

Tom Short <tman9999@...>

Anyone have a list of upcoming conferences on E2.0/C2.0? Failing that, what ones do you like to track, or have you gone to?

Looking for focus on internal social enterprise/collaboration, rather than external/social media. I am aware of Techonomy in November, and the E2.0 Summit in June. And in doing my initial search I was surprised to discover that the Web2.0 Summit is not going to happen in 2012.

Thanks for any additional.

Eric Herberholz

I don't of any, but suggest that you could look in Plancast.com -- Find soneone who you know or someone new, with common interests, and this can lead to finding events.

On Apr 17, 2012 11:54 AM, "Tom Short" <tman9999@...> wrote:

Anyone have a list of upcoming conferences on E2.0/C2.0? Failing that, what ones do you like to track, or have you gone to?

Looking for focus on internal social enterprise/collaboration, rather than external/social media. I am aware of Techonomy in November, and the E2.0 Summit in June. And in doing my initial search I was surprised to discover that the Web2.0 Summit is not going to happen in 2012.

Thanks for any additional.

Connie Crosby

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Tom Short <tman9999@...> wrote:

Anyone have a list of upcoming conferences on E2.0/C2.0? Failing that, what ones do you like to track, or have you gone to?

The Social Intranet Summit usually put on in September in Vancouver, BC by the folks at ThoughtFarmer: http://www.socialintranetsummit.com/ is supposed to be excellent.  While ThoughtFarmer is a social intranet platform, the folks behind it at Open Road are also very knowledgeable consultants and put together an excellent event that is not focused just on their product. I haven't attended myself, but have heard excellent things from others who have attended. I have met Gordon Ross, one of the folks behind it, and am impressed with how much he knows in this area.

They also have a free webinar series which I  recommend, typically advertised through the blog: http://www.thoughtfarmer.com/blog/

There is the Enterprise 2.0 conference each June in Boston and each November in Santa Clara: http://www.e2conf.com/  - I don't know a lot about this one but it has been running for a few years and looks good.

and of course KMWorld typically has social intranet/KM and social content: http://www.kmworld.com/KMW12/

A lot of what I see in this area right now are smaller local events and webinars by vendors/consulting shops. For example, Speechbobble http://www.speechbobble.com/ here in Toronto formed their clients into the Social Networking Customer Council and run quarterly private events about social business. And at Knowledge Workers Toronto we periodically delve into this area as well, such as tomorrow night's meetup about the Pintegrate platform: http://toronto.technology.knowledgeworkers.org/events/58556272/

Cheers,
Connie

Connie Crosby
Crosby Group Consulting
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
416-919-6719 | connie@... | http://twitter.com/conniecrosby
http://www.crosbygroup.ca | http://conniecrosby.blogspot.com | http://slaw.ca

Stan Garfield

From https://sites.google.com/site/stangarfield/kmconferences

Enterprise 2.0 and Social Business events:

Social Business Summit http://www.socialbusinesssummit.com/- by invitation
Shanghai April 18, 2012, Rio De Janeiro May 9, 2012, Berlin May 23, 2012, London June 21, 2012, Singapore July 26, 2012,  New York September 12, 2012

Enterprise 2.0 Conference http://www.e2conf.com/
Boston, MA June 18-21, 2012

Enterprise 2.0 Conference http://www.e2conf.com/
Virtual Event September 26, 2012

Enterprise 2.0 Conference http://www.e2conf.com/
Santa Clara, CA November 12-15, 2012

KM conferences which feature a lot of Enterprise 2.0 and collaboration:

APQC Annual KM Conference http://www.apqc.org/kmconf12 - I will be presenting on Deloitte's Yammer rollout
Houston, TX April 23-27, 2012

Washington, DC October 17-19, 2012

Tom Short <tman9999@...>

Thanks, all, for these suggestions and pointers - much appreciated!

Tammy Bearden

Tom, though it's less a conference format, I'd suggest the e2.0 Council of the Learning Forum, of which I'm a member.  As a member driven council focusing on the use (and better uses) of social biz & collaboration tools to address corporate needs, we discuss the gamut of vendors, change mgmt, measurement, KM, influencing leaders, etc.  Meeting in Boston June 12-14 and including a visit to the MIT Media Lab.  If you are curious for more, connect with Erick Thompson about attending as a guest. Hollar if you need contact info.

Thanks, all, for these suggestions and pointers - much appreciated!

Cory Banks

Tom,

Recommend asking the question to Susan Scrupski (susan.scrupski@...) at the Social Business Council.

They list some events here.