Introduction - Alexis Adair, IKNS master's student #learning #personal

Stan Garfield

Alexis, I added you to the schedule for October 15, 2013. Thanks for agreeing to present.

If anyone else would like to also volunteer to speak (with lots of time to prepare!), please reply to this thread with your topic. Or send me an email.

Alexis Adair

Thank you for the invitation, Stan. I think I would enjoy that very much, especially once my research is done and I have some real content to contribute! :) I see the speaking schedule is already booked a full year ahead (and I'm suitably impressed). Would it even make sense to pencil me in for something like October 2013, or would it be better if I just touch base with you re: presenting after I've completed my research project?

Thank you again for the welcome, and I look forward to learning and contributing!

Alexis

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, "StanGarfield" <stangarfield@...> wrote:

Welcome, Alexis! Thanks for your introductory post.
If you would like to present on a future monthly call, please let me
know. The schedule is available in the Database folder in the left menu
of this Yahoo group.
Regards,Stan

Stan Garfield

Welcome, Alexis! Thanks for your introductory post.

If you would like to present on a future monthly call, please let me know. The schedule is available in the Database folder in the left menu of this Yahoo group.

Regards,
Stan

Alexis Adair

Greetings SIKM Leaders,

I just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new to this group (although I've already joined in on some of the SIKM Boston conference calls this year). I'm a master's student in Columbia's Information and Knowledge Strategy program, and as a member of the first cohort of the program, I'll finish my coursework and capstone research project this December. My capstone research is on KM and Happiness - exploring the psychological mechanisms by which knowledge management practices can contribute to employee well-being.

I'm on LinkedIn and Twitter, and I blog occasionally (though not much recently, since I've been working on the Capstone). I'm eager to learn from the broader KM community, and I recognize a lot of names on here whose publications I've read or conference presentations I've attended. I've already found several useful discussions and resources in the existing messages and topics.

If I can answer any questions about the IKNS program, or the perspective/perceptions of a relative newcomer to the field, I'd be happy to.

I'm very pleased to "meet" you all, and I look forward to being involved in this community!

Alexis Adair
www.alexisadair.com
www.linkedin.com/in/alexisadair
Twitter: @xaether