Knowledge services #knowledge-services

Simard, Albert <albert.simard@...>

Greetings fellow SIKMers –

·         What if, instead of trying to change an organization’s culture as a precursor to KM, we adapted KM to the existing culture?

·         Why do we find references to “authoritative knowledge” in the regulatory literature but not in the knowledge management literature?

·         How does knowledge work move knowledge from creation to application?

Find answers to these and many other interesting questions in a recently published paper:

http://cradpdf.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/PDFS/unc118/p536618_A1b.pdf

The paper is unclassified and distribution is not restricted; it may be shared openly.  You may wish to read the 7-page summary first (section 11, pp 169-170) and then drill down, as your interests lie.  Head’s up before hitting the “print” button; it is 250 pages long!

I’ll be happy to answer questions or discuss this paper further.

Albert Simard

Knowledge Manager

Defence Research & Development

Knowledge & Information Management Directorate

305 Rideau St. 9AH11

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K2

Tel: 613-943-3501

Fax: 613-996-7063

Dale Arseneault

AL!! Your best yet! I love the connections you've made between theoretical and practical. Bravo.

Dale

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, "Simard, Albert" <albert.simard@...> wrote:

[...]

Dale –

Thanks for the Kudos.  Wait until you see the knowledge services architecture that I’m developing to implement the framework.  It challenges a second major KM assumption – that everyone is on the same page.

Al