"Personalization KM" Vs "Personal KM" #PKM

Jeevan Kamble

Dear All,

Wanted to understand some basics on exact definition or difference between "Personalization KM" (other than codification KM strategy) Vs "Personal KM".

Personalization KM focus on People to People connection and does Personal KM focus only on using social media to learn or even giving back to recipients i.e. sharing knowledge OR both are one and the same?

To me title "Personal KM" is just as a user but not a contributor or participant.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards
Jeevan

Jack Vinson <jackvinson@...>

Never heard of "Personalization KM".  A lot has been written and thought about Personal KM.  As with "standard" KM, definitions range all over the place from a version of Personal Information Management to being intelligent about how you acquire, hold, and pass along knowledge.  In this view, the network is clearly an important aspect of it.

I suggest having a look at Harold Jarche's thinking http://www.jarche.com/pkm/.  I've written on it too, but Harold has been continuing to think about this topic.

Regards-

--
Jack Vinson