Fun Experiential Learning KM Simulation (Game) #learning

Lisa Austin

I wanted to let you all know about a Game that some of my team members and I created (outside of our day jobs). We will be delivering the simulation in a workshop on April 11th at the University of Tulsa Center for Executive and Professional Development Center.

It's called Journey to the Gold of Atlantis (yes, adapted from all the other "gold mining" games). We've optimized the game to expose knowledge seeking/sharing behaviors (or lack there of), and integrated the use of KM approaches and tools. AAR, Learning before, during and after; expertise location, collaboration, are some of the approaches that we are using to give the participant not just information about, but experience in what fully integrated KM(culture, process, technology) looks, feels, smells and tastes like. From a technology standpoint - we are using sharepoint/yammer in the cloud.

I will keep you posted as to the progress (hopefully success) of the game. It's open to anyone to attend if you are interested in checking it out. Here's the info:

April 11th, 2013
9-4; lunch included
University of Tulsa
Center for Executive and Professional Development
http://bus.collins.utulsa.edu/CEPD/KnowledgeMgmtSim.asp
TU Helmerich Hall