Global Lessons Learned Coordinator #roles #lessons-learned

Ranta, Dan <dan.ranta@...>

We have plans to add a role to our team for Lessons Learned.  We have just written a Job Description, which we believe is a good one.  However, we must ask - how good could it be if we created it in a vacuum…without looking at any good examples?

Anyone willing to share a similar description to help us ensure excellence?

Thanks, Dan

Dan.ranta@...

Arthur Shelley

Dan,

A role like this could be just a part of what a Knowledge Manager does, through to a full time coordinator/administrator function. It depends on what level it is in the Organisation as well - junior role would be task and admin orientated, whereas a more senior or experienced role would be more like a mentor/coach of other professional staff handholding them through the process so you get better quality capture AND REUSE (where most LL systems/processes fall over). A senior role would invest some of their time on awareness and highlighting the benefit sue of LL (too often the focus is on just "capture", which represents just the cost of doing it).

So you need to write the role to achieve the aims you desire (and it will then attract the person capable of doing it).

Arthur
www.organizationalzoo.com
Tweeting as Metaphorage

On 18/06/2013, at 4:31, "Ranta, Dan" <dan.ranta@conocophillips.com> wrote:

Recent

Douglas Weidner

What exactly do you mean by ‘Lessons Learned’? LL and Best Practices are often intertwined but cal refer to entirely different kinds of KM operations/initiatives.

If you clearly define exactly what you mean, defining the actual role becomes possible.

Douglas Weidner, Chief CKM Instructor

Chairman, International Knowledge Management Institute

Best in Blended KM Training & Certification

Home of the KM Body of Knowledge (KMBOK)™

Knowledge Maturity Model (KMM)™, and

KM Transformation Solution

O: 703-757-1395

douglas.weidner@...
www.kminstitute.org

We have plans to add a role to our team for Lessons Learned.  We have just written a Job Description, which we believe is a good one.  However, we must ask - how good could it be if we created it in a vacuum…without looking at any good examples?

Anyone willing to share a similar description to help us ensure excellence?

Thanks, Dan

Dan.ranta@...

No virus found in this message.