Examples where Online communities and Social media are integrated? #CoP #social-media

kimahmer <kahmer@...>

Hello, we are in the process of building a strategy to define how we can better integrate our online community activities with our social media activities. Can anyone help me with examples of organizations that are doing this well?

Stan Garfield

Kim, please say a bit more about what your online community and social media activities - what are they, how do they differ, what are the objectives for each, and are they internal, external, or both?  Thanks.

--- In sikmleaders@..., Kim Ahmer  wrote:
>
> Hello, we are in the process of building a strategy to define how we can better integrate our online community activities with our social media activities. Can anyone help me with examples of organizations that are doing this well?
>

Ken Martin

Edited

Please see the attached PDF with examples of use of Social network and social sofware in communities.
Social+Networking+-+text+mining+-+analytics+in+KM+13.Dec.2011.pdf

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 03:50 PM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] Re: Examples where Online communities and Social media are integrated?

Kim, please say a bit more about what your online community and social media activities - what are they, how do they differ, what are the objectives for each, and are they internal, external, or both?  Thanks.

>
> Hello, we are in the process of building a strategy to define how we can better integrate our online community activities with our social media activities. Can anyone help me with examples of organizations that are doing this well?
>

Hello,

I developed and managed an online public service community for education leaders and innovation for Cisco's corporate social responsibility group for a couple of years.  The site is fairly quiesced now, but it an example of incorporating social media into the community experience.
Here is the community site http://getideas.org/
The Twitter stream was incorporated into the home page experience of the community (called Twitter Talk)
We activated a Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn presence for the community.

If you want to see how these elements were used to support the community process, you can check out this presentation on slideshare that I gave at Enterprise 2.0 last year (and will be discussing in January 2014 for this sikmleaders group)

Social media was used to support community in the following ways
  • Create awareness and extend global reach - new members
  • Engage with and facilitate leader conversations
  • Drive participation and community engagement
  • Advance a sense of connection for leaders
  • Better understand community needs - active listening
I developed a fairly detailed social media strategy and plan and we had a consistent operational approach to engage regularly via social media.

Catherine Shinners
Merced Group

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM, StanGarfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:

>
>

--
Merced Group
Silicon Valley, USA
+1-650-704-3889

Twitter: @catshinners  |  Skype: CatherinePaloAlto

Social Business Strategic Consulting and Enterprise 2.0 Services