Google Groups and Forum Metrics #CoP #metrics #Google

Thomas Blumer

Hello,

We have moved our internal product forums from a LifeRay platform to Google Groups due to the ease of use of the tool. Our communities are growing quickly and I look for ways to measure the activities and impact of the forums without the need to read every single post.

Does anyone know of any tool that can monitor Google Groups activities? Here are some of the items we would like to measure:
-Number of questions answered
-Number of unanswered questions
-Average time to answer

Another challenge we have, since most of the answers are provided via email, is to determine which questions were truly resolved.

Any insights and ideas are highly appreciated.

Thank you and I wish everyone a happy 2014!

Best regards,

Thomas Blumer

Martin Cleaver <martin@...>

Hi Thomas,

For Knowledge Workers Toronto, I am currently evaluating Atlassian Confluence Questions (not least because my firm, Blended Perspectives, provides professional services around Atlassian products).

Perhaps you (and/or other here) would like to join our trial? Confluence Questions provides some metrics around the experts that it identifies - our evaluation will work better with some more people engaged.

Thanks,
   Martin.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Thomas Blumer <thomas.blumer777@...> wrote:

Hello,

We have moved our internal product forums from a LifeRay platform to Google Groups due to the ease of use of the tool. Our communities are growing quickly and I look for ways to measure the activities and impact of the forums without the need to read every single post.

Does anyone know of any tool that can monitor Google Groups activities? Here are some of the items we would like to measure:
-Number of questions answered
-Number of unanswered questions
-Average time to answer

Another challenge we have, since most of the answers are provided via email, is to determine which questions were truly resolved.

Any insights and ideas are highly appreciated.

Thank you and I wish everyone a happy 2014!

Best regards,

Thomas Blumer

Thomas Blumer

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the quick response. We use Confluence already for some of our departmental intranets and we love it. So far we have not yet looked into Confluence Questions but I assume we would have similar issues than with LifeRay. Most of our employees answer forum questions directly from their email client without going to the forum itself.

Anyone else with Google Group experience?

Thanks,

Thomas