Topics

Collaboration, yammer case studies, change approaches #case-studies #Yammer

Peter Baloh

Hi,
was wondering, is there anyone who recently worked on improving collaboration with the help of Yammer. I went through all the topics, I am after different case studies, whitepapers... particularly in the area of "quick and dirty wins" style approach in the area of
- how to engage the CEO (i.e. comms plan for that role)
- how to pick the "use cases" that will lead the way

Cheers

Peter

Daan Boom

Have a look at C4D, Collaboration for Development, a Yammer based website nurtured by the World Bank. In this website you find numerous tools that supports moderators and potential moderators managing an online CoP.

On May 13, 2014, at 3:21 PM, noisedata noisedata@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Hi,
was wondering, is there anyone who recently worked on improving collaboration with the help of Yammer. I went through all the topics, I am after different case studies, whitepapers... particularly in the area of "quick and dirty wins" style approach in the area of
- how to engage the CEO (i.e. comms plan for that role)
- how to pick the "use cases" that will lead the way

Cheers

Peter

Stan Garfield

Gordon Vala-Webb <gvalawebb@...>

The "quick and dirty wins" use cases will depend on the nature of your organization, the work, and where the passion / energy is amongst the people (and, particularly, the leadership).

Some we are currently using in Yammer to good effect:

1) "How do I . .." group to answer Admin / back office questions (set of FAQs by functional team / group plus commitment by those teams to montior and respond to any questions in the group

This approach also works well for roll-out of new capability / IT systems (i.e. you post training and "how to " info - and then respond to questions people have

2) Enterprise-wide project co-ordination - who is working on what with what kind of time frame across multiple projects using a shared spreadsheet

3) Innovation Challenge - post a specific business "challenge" looking for people to provide the ideas on how to solve it ("like" for voting; commenting to ask questions or applify).

4) Tips / tricks re: particular technology - using mobile devices is very popular (requires some one or two keeners to start the group and post tips)

5) Staff appreciation event - people recognize ("praise" in Yammer) other people in the firm (usually some sort of set of prizes.

Hope that helps and would be happy to discuss if you'd like