November 2014 SIKM Call: Mary Abraham - The Other KM Adoption Challenge #monthly-call #adoption

Stan Garfield

This is a reminder of tomorrow's monthly call from 11 am to 12 noon EST.

Mary Abraham

Thanks, Stan!

VMaryAbraham
AboveandBeyondKM.com

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM, stangarfield@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Hi Mary

I regrettably will miss your presentation.  I just went through you deck.  I absolutely agree with your insights and perspectives.  In fact, I am having this conversation with a client today and this week about this perspective and their KM Team, although your presentation is way more elegant.  Perfect timing and thank you!

Bill

Bill Kaplan CPCM
571.934.7408 | 703.401.4198

Knowledge at the Point of Execution ®

|

ckobill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

E-mail Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is confidential and may be subject to protection under the law. The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete this material from any computer.

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 17:37
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] November 18 SIKM Call: Mary Abraham on The Other KM Adoption Challenge

Thanks, Stan!

VMaryAbraham
AboveandBeyondKM.com

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM, stangarfield@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

SIKM: The Other KM Adoption Challenge 20141118

The most obvious knowledge management (KM) adoption challenge concerns how our KM initiatives are adopted by our colleagues within our o...

Preview by Yahoo

·          

·          

• - We will use the #KMers hashtag for online chatting during the call. Visit http://www.tchat.io/rooms/kmers and sign in with your Twitter account, or use the #KMers hash tag in Twitter.

-----Original Appointment-----

Subject: SIKM Leaders Community Monthly Call

When: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time

Where: 888-998-2663 or +1 517-222-2222 passcode 406165#

Occurs the third Tuesday of every month from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern Time (USA)

Conference Call Details

USA and Canada: Toll-Free 888-998-2663 or Toll +1 517-222-2222

PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 406165

*6 to mute or unmute line

· Community Site http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/

· Slides http://www.slideshare.net/SIKM/favorites

TO JOIN A CONFERENCE

7.      Dial the appropriate access number using a touch-tone phone.

8.      Enter the numeric passcode followed by a '#'

9.      Press *6 to mute or un-mute your line.

ACCESS INFORMATIONTo access your conference from one of the global locations, take the following steps:

1. Find the country from which you are calling and dial the appropriate Global Access number.

2. You will be greeted in English by a prompt to enter the Participant Passcode, followed by the `#' key.

•  

john@...

Thanks Stan and Mary. I really enjoyed your presentation today. As promised, here is the link to my paper I mentioned: http://www.ejkm.com/volume12/issue2. 

The paper starts on page 98 in this issue, and is called "ADIIEA: An Organizational Learning Model for Business Management and Innovation".  

It is a framework that addresses these two observations:

Peter Senge: “Making learning an ‘add-on’ to people’s regular work, has probably limited more organizational learning initiatives than any other factor.”

W. Edwards Deming: “We will never transform the prevailing system of management without transforming our prevailing system of education. They are the same system.”

Other models are found on my website at www.ExplanationAge.com.

All the best,

John Lewis, Ed.D.

Stan Garfield

Edited

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 114th monthly call.

Thanks to Mary for presenting, to Joel Muzard for recording, to those who participated in the discussion, and to Catherine Shinners, Bruno Winck, Jean-Claude Monney, Gary Riccio, and Jacquie Halupka 
for live tweeting. You can continue the discussion by replying to this thread.