February 2015 SIKM Call: Kate Pugh - How Great KMers are Innovation Conveners #monthly-call #innovation

Stan Garfield

This is a reminder of tomorrow's monthly call from 11 am to 12 noon EST.

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 117th monthly call.

Thanks to Kate for presenting, to Joel Muzard for recording, to those who live tweeted, and to those who participated in the discussion. You can continue the discussion by replying to this thread.

katepugh@...

Stan, thank you so much for hosting this. It's an oasis for many of us, who get caught up in our info-barraged lives. John, Madelyn, Lee, Catherine, and Jean-Claude -- thanks for your great inputs. And thank you to all of you who were tweeting.

Question for you all: Do you agree we are innovation conveners? How can we uplevel this conversation?

Kate

Katrina Pugh
President, AlignConsulting
Editor of Smarter Innovation (chapter abstracts) (Ark Group, 2014)
Author of Sharing Hidden Know-How (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, 2011)
katepugh@...
www.alignconsultinginc.com
617 967 3910 (m)

From: Kate Pugh <katrinabpugh@...>
Date: February 20, 2015 at 8:35:48 AM EST
To: "sikmleaders@..." <sikmleaders@...>

All
This discussion is getting very exciting!
One thing that I don't think comes out from a standard like this, is a clear concept of what innovation is, and why specifically we need to have the kinds of convening skills Madelyn describes in her innovation process. (And which we explore as nauseum in Smarter Innovation.  As I said in my presentation innovation is a team sport. However there is a lot more than just bringing people together.

I'm leery of standards, but love collaborations.

Kate

Katrina Pugh
President, AlignConsulting and
Academic Director, Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy
617-967-3910