Mobile apps for CoPs #CoP #mobile

Nancy Dixon

I'm interested in learning about companies that are using mobile Apps for their communities, particularly for sales communities? How do they get set up? facilitated? what kind of knowledge do people share on them?  are they mostly used to send out information or do people help each other?

Gordon Vala-Webb <gvalawebb@...>

Very belatedly . . .While I was Director of KM for a large professional services firm we developed a very simple but effective Blackberry app which allowed anyone within the firm to post very basic information about a possible sales opportunity - and then for others to put their hands up as being "interested" in working on it.

We then had a by-hand process to follow-up with people to make sure that someone decided if it was worth pursuing and then to action it (if it was). And the disposition of the possible opportunity was updated on the app (which was also on the desktop).

Simple but effective - we tried one industry in one line-of-service and ultimately (because of the positive response) rolled-it out firm-wide.