Knowledge on a Mission Conference, Nov 6th @ the World Bank (free & open to public) #conferences

Neesham Spitzberg

Colleagues, if you will be in DC for KMWorld, please join us for what promises to be an very interesting event as this "conference" turns participants into advisers to the CKOs of NASA and the International Olympic Committee...

"Knowledge on a Mission" Conference

Nov 6th, 2015; 10am – 3:30pm * convened by The World Bank Group * 1818 H St. NW, Washington DC

Registration required via http://www.knowledgeonamission.com

Free & open to the public. Space is limited to 150 participants.

Putting a man on the moon? Organizing the Olympics every four years?

As with your organization’s mission, managing knowledge successfully is the critical success factor to achieve solutions that deliver business impact. But this is easier said than done. Knowledge Management (KM) is often too abstract, disconnected from the business or overrun by technology. Often, knowledge-based solutions from other industries or domains can be applied within our own organizations to help solve our business challenges.

World Bank President Jim Kim explained: “Let me be clear: when I say we will be a solutions bank, I do not mean to suggest that we have ready-made solutions for every development problem. We do not, nor is this our goal… A World Bank Group that, through our lending, our knowledge, and our convening power, provides integrated development solutions for both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.”

"Knowledge on a Mission" will convene practitioners from knowledge management/learning domains, as well as operational & business staff from the both the World Bank Group and external organizations who are interested in solving operational challenges through practical, knowledge-based solutions. Keynotes delivered by NASA’s Chief Knowledge Officer Ed Hoffman and the International Olympic Committee’s Chief Knowledge Officer Chris Payne will illustrate successful knowledge-based solutions used by their organizations to tackle critical business issues.

The presenters will also identify several remaining challenges which they will work on alongside participants in order to find solutions to in the second part of the conference. Renowned facilitators will do this by way of the proven 'knowledge jam' approach. Not only will you have worked to solve challenges with the CKOs of NASA and the International Olympic Committee, you will also leave with practical approaches that you can apply to your organizations’ own "wicked problems".

The conference is free and open to the public (with pre-registration), so KM/Learning practitioners from your external networks are welcome! All participants (both WBG and external) need to pre-register at http://www.knowledgeonamission.com/