Topics

Job description and KM organization

ericgrace21@...

I am conducting an assessment of KM organization structures as well as developing an updated "customer facing" KM job description for our global group.  Would you be willing to share the role/job description for your "customer facing" KMs? If available, I would greatly appreciate an overview of your KM organization (org chart, mission statement, goals).  I do already have access to the APQC document on KM structure and staffing of best-practice KM programs, so any additional information would be appreciated.

ericgrace21@...

To clarify, I am looking for job descriptions for KMs who work directly with their organization's leaders and staff to support the business/organization strategy.

Stan Garfield

This thread is from my Deloitte colleague, Becky Svahn. If you can help her by replying, that would be great.

I provided links to two articles I wrote on the role of knowledge managers and KM leaders:
- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141020204313-2500783-7-habits-of-highly-successful-knowledge-managers
- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/knowledge-management-leaders-stan-garfield

What do other SIKM members have that they can share here?

Becky, please summarize your findings, from this and other sources, here in this thread. Thanks.

Howie Cohen

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 9:06 AM, stangarfield@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

This thread is from my Deloitte colleague, Becky Svahn. If you can help her by replying, that would be great.

I provided links to two articles I wrote on the role of knowledge managers and KM leaders:
- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141020204313-2500783-7-habits-of-highly-successful-knowledge-managers
- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/knowledge-management-leaders-stan-garfield

What do other SIKM members have that they can share here?

Becky, please summarize your findings, from this and other sources, here in this thread. Thanks.

ericgrace21@...

Thank you, Howard.  These are very helpful.

Stan Garfield

Two more suggestions.
  1. Review the recent posts in this community for job openings, and look at the associated job descriptions.
  2. Visit the career sites of other professional services firms and search for relevant KM job postings and look at the associated job descriptions.