Topics

e-Discovery tools for Yammer/Enterprise social media #Yammer

Douglas Kalish

Getting ready to launch Yammer across the firm where I work. We in KM are partnering closely with our friends in risk management and legal. From the conversations we've had with Microsoft, it doesn't appear that Microsoft has enough of an electronic discovery (eDiscovery) capability with their out-of-the-box tools to satisfy our legal needs. So, we are beginning to investigate third party tools.

Just via Google searches, I've seen some good write-ups about two products: Smarsh and Clearwell (Symantic). Was interested to see if members of the group have had experiences with electronic discovery tools and enterprise social media. What has worked/not worked for all of you? Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Doug

Stan Garfield

Doug, thanks for posting here. I also suggest that you post in the Yammer & Enterprise Social group of the Office 365 Network at https://www.yammer.com/itpronetwork/groups/3944618

---In sikmleaders@..., <dougkalish@...> wrote :

Getting ready to launch Yammer across the firm where I work. We in KM are partnering closely with our friends in risk management and legal. From the conversations we've had with Microsoft, it doesn't appear that Microsoft has enough of an electronic discovery (eDiscovery) capability with their out-of-the-box tools to satisfy our legal needs. So, we are beginning to investigate third party tools.

Just via Google searches, I've seen some good write-ups about two products: Smarsh and Clearwell (Symantic). Was interested to see if members of the group have had experiences with electronic discovery tools and enterprise social media. What has worked/not worked for all of you? Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Doug

Howie Cohen

Doug,

         If you are interested, I can put you in touch with our CISO/M he is an expert in this specific area and uses some advanced tools like http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/en/it-services/security-services/the-growing-risk-to-crown-jewels-infographic/

Best,
Howie

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 2:59 PM, stangarfield@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

[...]

Great tip to explore Microsoft's own Yammer thread - I hadn't thought of that and there are some really interesting conversations there, so I am exploring that. Thank you for the suggestion to do that, Stan!

Howie, I'd love to make a connection between our chief legal officer and your CISO/M...I think a lot of learning could take place on our end if we could do that. Thanks much for the idea. I'll reach out to you directly and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

Doug