Starmind #expertise-location

Daan Boom

Dear Members:

I can’t recall asking a question before but there is always a first time. It may have to do that I recently moved to New York (UNDP) from Manila (ADB) but fresh they posted a question on my KM desk on Starmind. A tool that harvests e-mail for expertise in an anonymous way. many years ago when I was at KPMG Montvale we also explored a similar tool but didn’t go ahead because of privacy issues but perhaps in the world of big data this becomes less prudent. Does anyone have knowledge of this tool and is it unique e.g. not other similar tools available.

Daan Boom

Chris Collison <chris@...>

Hi Daan,
Metasight from Morphix fulfils a similar role.
I saw this in action around 10 years ago, and it was very impressive even then – built with a real organisational KM mindset rather than a pure data-mining perspective.
Kind regards,
Chris

Chris Collison, Director & Founder,  Knowledgeable Ltd.

 Consultancy        Strategic Advice        Training
Because all of us are smarter than any of us...

Mobile:  +44 (0)7841 262900

___________

From: <sikmleaders@...> on behalf of "Daan Boom daanboom@... [sikmleaders]"
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 18:45
To: <sikmleaders@...>
Subject: [sikmleaders] Starmind

Dear Members:

I can’t recall asking a question before but there is always a first time. It may have to do that I recently moved to New York (UNDP) from Manila (ADB) but fresh they posted a question on my KM desk on Starmind. A tool that harvests e-mail for expertise in an anonymous way. many years ago when I was at KPMG Montvale we also explored a similar tool but didn’t go ahead because of privacy issues but perhaps in the world of big data this becomes less prudent. Does anyone have knowledge of this tool and is it unique e.g. not other similar tools available.

Daan Boom

Daan Boom

Thanks Chris. Will explore further and perhaps pilot.

Daan

[Attachment(s) from Chris Collison included below]

From: <sikmleaders@...> on behalf of "Daan Boom daanboom@... [sikmleaders]"
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 18:45
To: <sikmleaders@...>