Topics

Lessons Learned Template #lessons-learned

Mickey Strope

I wanted to reach out to the group to see if anyone has created a standard template for capturing lessons learned for their organization.

Thanks

Mickey

Chris Collison <chris@...>

Hi Mickey,
I don’t have a standard template as such (there’s probably a reason for that!), but I’d love to point you to some principles and resources which might help you build your own guidance.

I blogged a short series on “What’s wrong with Lessons Learned?” and “Getting Lessons Learned Right” a couple of years ago.

These two links will get you started:

Kind regards,
Chris

From: <sikmleaders@...> on behalf of "mstropeckm@... [sikmleaders]"
Date: Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 22:11
To: <sikmleaders@...>
Subject: [sikmleaders] Lessons Learned Template

I wanted to reach out to the group to see if anyone has created a standard template for capturing lessons learned for their organization.

Thanks

Mickey

Katrina Pugh <katepugh@...>

Hello, Mickey
Here is an overview of the knowledge jam process (a lessons learned process using conversation to get out relevant knowledge -- and then make sure it gets put to work). Template is at the bottom.
http://alignconsultinginc.com/practice/knowledge-jam

Cheers
Kate Pugh

Katrina Pugh
President, AlignConsulting
Editor of Smarter Innovation (chapter abstracts) (Ark Group, 2014)
Author of Sharing Hidden Know-How (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, 2011)
katepugh@...
www.alignconsultinginc.com
617 967 3910 (m)

From: <sikmleaders@...> on behalf of "mstropeckm@... [sikmleaders]"
Date: Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 22:11
To: <sikmleaders@...>

I wanted to reach out to the group to see if anyone has created a standard template for capturing lessons learned for their organization.

Thanks
Mickey

Mickey Strope

Thanks for sharing Kate, this was very insightful.

Thanks

Mickey

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Mickey - The Lessons Learned Handbook has got a lot of good stuff in:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Lessons-Learned-Handbook-Approaches/dp/1843345870

patti@...

I have found that Marilyn Darling's Emergent Learning Maps provide a good structure for lessons learned and moving from lessons into action.

EL Maps

/patti anklam