Two articles on knowledge organisation (plus enterprise social plus cybersecurity) #roles #conferences

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Building Competence for Knowledge Organisation:
http://innotecture.com.au/2016/02/19/building-competence-for-knowledge-organisation/

As software eats the world and the internet transforms vast swathes of human activity, the field of knowledge organisation has not been immune. Traditional tools such as thesauri and controlled vocabularies are being augmented and disrupted by ontologies, auto-classification, graph databases, data storage, analytics, and visualisation. These changes present information professionals with a challenge – what skills do we need to survive in this brave new world and how do we acquire them?

Innovation in Knowledge Organisation: A Conference Report
http://innotecture.com.au/2015/12/15/iko/

Innovation in Knowledge organisation was conference put on by Straits Knowledge (a Singapore-based knowledge management consultancy), PebbleRoad (a Singapore-based user experience design consultancy) and Synaptica (a global taxonomy software company).

The format of the conference was high energy – although 26 presentations were given, most of these were short form and much of the conference was given over to discussion and interaction. This was not a conference to sit back and fall asleep in.
In this article, we provide an overview of the material presented and the discussions we had with participants. We will begin with plenary presentations and the case studies. We will continue with an overview of discussions within the clinics. We will end with some broader reflections on the conference topics and what they mean for information professionals in Australia.
Bonus enterprise social & cysbersecurity material here:
http://innotecture.com.au/