Global Knowledge Management Congress & Awards? #awards #conferences


Connie Crosby
 

I had a message from the Global Knowledge Management Congress & Awards in Mumbai about an award. Did anyone else receive a similar message? Does anyone else know about this conference? Stan, I see you have it on your list of conferences and you mentioned it in a tweet last year. 

It looks slightly more legit than the invitation to speak or attend I received from the BIT 1st Annual International Conference and Expo of Education Industry in China that I also received this morning. ;)

Thank you,
Connie

Connie Crosby
​Crosby Group Consulting​
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
416-919-6719
​ | ​
conniecrosby@...  
http://crosbygroup.ca | @conniecrosby ​| @crosbygroup


Boris Jaeger
 

Hi Connie,

this congress seems to be ok. Tata Communications is involved (check the
contacts).

To further check the credibility you may want to contact some of the past award
winners
https://www.infosysbpo.com/about/awards/Pages/knowledge-management-framework.aspx
http://www.kminstitute.co.za/knowledge-management-latest-news.php

Sumnny regards from Germany,
Boris Jaeger - "Curiosity is the beginning of all learning!"

**** CONTACT ****
jaegerWM - Web- & WissensManagement
Boris Jaeger
Albert-Stehlin Str. 6
79365 Rheinhausen
DEUTSCHLAND / GERMANY
-----
fon/fax: +49-(0)7643-913880
mobil: +49-(0)1577-7544883
-----
mail: boris.jaeger@...
home: www.jaegerWM.de


Connie Crosby
 

Thanks kindly, Boris. One person in this group says he drilled them with questions and has decided to go. I also recognize the name of one of the past winners and someone else mentioned on the website so will check in with them. 

I don't always believe what is listed on websites, but this is starting to sound legitimate to me. I am familiar with Tata Communications.

Much appreciated,
Connie



On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 6:26 AM, 'Boris Jaeger' boris.jaeger@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 

Hi Connie,

this congress seems to be ok. Tata Communications is involved (check the
contacts).

To further check the credibility you may want to contact some of the past award
winners
https://www.infosysbpo.com/about/awards/Pages/knowledge-management-framework.aspx
http://www.kminstitute.co.za/knowledge-management-latest-news.php

Sumnny regards from Germany,
Boris Jaeger - "Curiosity is the beginning of all learning!"

**** CONTACT ****
jaegerWM - Web- & WissensManagement
Boris Jaeger
Albert-Stehlin Str. 6
79365 Rheinhausen
DEUTSCHLAND / GERMANY
-----
fon/fax: +49-(0)7643-913880
mobil: +49-(0)1577-7544883
-----
mail: boris.jaeger@...
home: www.jaegerWM.de



Randhir Pushpa
 

Hi Connie,

I am aware of this group. They had a session in Bangalore also in 2014. The Operations lead from our organization had attended the Mumbai session and he was rewarded the 'Knowledge Leader' award and Unisys India group was rewarded for its KM practices.

Regards

Randhir



On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Connie Crosby conniecrosby@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 

Thanks kindly, Boris. One person in this group says he drilled them with questions and has decided to go. I also recognize the name of one of the past winners and someone else mentioned on the website so will check in with them. 

I don't always believe what is listed on websites, but this is starting to sound legitimate to me. I am familiar with Tata Communications.

Much appreciated,
Connie



On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 6:26 AM, 'Boris Jaeger' boris.jaeger@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 

Hi Connie,

this congress seems to be ok. Tata Communications is involved (check the
contacts).

To further check the credibility you may want to contact some of the past award
winners
https://www.infosysbpo.com/about/awards/Pages/knowledge-management-framework.aspx
http://www.kminstitute.co.za/knowledge-management-latest-news.php

Sumnny regards from Germany,
Boris Jaeger - "Curiosity is the beginning of all learning!"

**** CONTACT ****
jaegerWM - Web- & WissensManagement
Boris Jaeger
Albert-Stehlin Str. 6
79365 Rheinhausen
DEUTSCHLAND / GERMANY
-----
fon/fax: +49-(0)7643-913880
mobil: +49-(0)1577-7544883
-----
mail: boris.jaeger@...
home: www.jaegerWM.de




Tom Reamy <tomr@...>
 

Hi Connie,

 

I got the same award and invitation to speak.  My reaction, like yours, was somewhat skeptical especially since my company is focused primarily on text analytics these days.  There is a lot of connections between the two (improving search in general, semi-auto expertise location, advanced knowledge representation, etc.) but I was still quite surprised to receive an award.

 

After the remarks by group members, I think I’ll reply and follow up.  I’ll let you know what happens.

 

Thanks,

 

Tom

 

 

Tom Reamy

Chief Knowledge Architect

KAPS Group, LLC

www.kapsgroup.com

510-922-9554 (O)

510-530-8272 (Fax)

510-333-2458 (M)

 

From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 10:06 AM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] Global Knowledge Management Congress & Awards?

 

 

I had a message from the Global Knowledge Management Congress & Awards in Mumbai about an award. Did anyone else receive a similar message? Does anyone else know about this conference? Stan, I see you have it on your list of conferences and you mentioned it in a tweet last year. 

 

It looks slightly more legit than the invitation to speak or attend I received from the BIT 1st Annual International Conference and Expo of Education Industry in China that I also received this morning. ;)

 

Thank you,

Connie


Connie Crosby

​Crosby Group Consulting​

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
416-919-6719

​ | ​

conniecrosby@...  

http://crosbygroup.ca | @conniecrosby ​| @crosbygroup

 


Boris Jaeger
 

Yes, pls let us know what happens and what past attendees say. They are definitely the most reliable source.  (personal message is welcome, too)
 
As for the KMedu Hub I digged a bit deeper and now I'm not anymore sure if this congress is a good one to recommend.
 
It reminds me a little bit of WASET conferences which are definitely fraud.
 
 
 
Center For Change Management (Dr.R.L.Bhatia)
Address: Beach Croft, 1st Flr, Juhu Tara road, Santacruz(W) Mumbai 400049 IN
Phone: +91.2226607383
Email: changerb@...
 
http://www.worldcsrcongress.com/profile.html
>> Fun and Joy at Work (formerly Centre for Change Management); experience with Tata Group
 
===============================
http://www.funandjoyatwork.com/
===============================
 

#1 There are a lot of conferences & awards offered by Dr. Bhatia's company
http://website.informer.com/Dr.R.L.Bhatia+Center+For+Change+Management.html
 
#2 I'm not sure if Tata Communications is really involved. Maybe just Mr. Oliver Warren. http://worldeducationcongress.com/global_knowledge_management/partners.html
 
 
#3 There are so many awards & award categories (31 for KM only). You can fill a conference with just the winners, and if they pay to attend...
http://worldeducationcongress.com/global_knowledge_management/award_categories.html
http://worldeducationcongress.com/Award-categ.html
 
So, everything is pretty confusing and needs to get further investigated.
 

Btw. some other conference providers to watch in this issue are the apparently interwoven International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT, http://www.iacsit.org), the International Academy of Computer Technology (IACT, http://www.iact.net), and the American Society for Research (ASR, http://www.asr.org).
 
Any info about their KM conferences?


Patrick Lambe
 

I was invited last year on the same basis and declined. I’m a little old fashioned and I think the meaning of an award/certification comes from the transparency of the award’s provenance and the review process behind the award. This all appears a little opportunistic and opaque.

Having said that, I know some colleagues who were thrilled to be invited and to receive an award (KM is a fairly thankless profession to be in) and why would I want to be a spoilsport? And even if it is a fishing expedition to get participation in a conference, perhaps if enough good people are invited on that basis, the conference could turn out to be really good? That would imply having some actual input into the conference.

So yes, let’s hear from the participants last year.

P

Patrick Lambe
Partner
Tel: +65 62210383



website: www.straitsknowledge.com
weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
book: www.organisingknowledge.com

Knowledge mapping made easy http://www.aithinsoftware.com  

On 24 Feb, 2016, at 5:19 pm, 'Boris Jaeger' boris.jaeger@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

 

Yes, pls let us know what happens and what past attendees say. They are definitely the most reliable source.  (personal message is welcome, too)
 
As for the KMedu Hub I digged a bit deeper and now I'm not anymore sure if this congress is a good one to recommend.
 
It reminds me a little bit of WASET conferences which are definitely fraud.
 
 
 
Center For Change Management (Dr.R.L.Bhatia)
Address: Beach Croft, 1st Flr, Juhu Tara road, Santacruz(W) Mumbai 400049 IN
Phone: +91.2226607383
Email: changerb@...
 
http://www.worldcsrcongress.com/profile.html
>> Fun and Joy at Work (formerly Centre for Change Management); experience with Tata Group
 
===============================
http://www.funandjoyatwork.com/
===============================
 

#1 There are a lot of conferences & awards offered by Dr. Bhatia's company
http://website.informer.com/Dr.R.L.Bhatia+Center+For+Change+Management.html
 
#2 I'm not sure if Tata Communications is really involved. Maybe just Mr. Oliver Warren. http://worldeducationcongress.com/global_knowledge_management/partners.html
 
 
#3 There are so many awards & award categories (31 for KM only). You can fill a conference with just the winners, and if they pay to attend...
http://worldeducationcongress.com/global_knowledge_management/award_categories.html
http://worldeducationcongress.com/Award-categ.html
 
So, everything is pretty confusing and needs to get further investigated.
 

Btw. some other conference providers to watch in this issue are the apparently interwoven International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT, http://www.iacsit.org), the International Academy of Computer Technology (IACT, http://www.iact.net), and the American Society for Research (ASR, http://www.asr.org).
 
Any info about their KM conferences?