Article Writing Training Available #content-management #learning

joanna_pierce@...

We have a Knowledge Base available for our internal company audiences and are thinking to open this up to our customers on our external Website in the coming year.

Our Authors are in need of training on how to best write and structure article content for a digital audience, but keeping with a content management system venue. Most of the training we're able to find is specific to Website copy--not Knowledge Base copy.

Any recommendations on training that's available (in-person/online) would be helpful. Thank you!

Best,

Joanna

Daan Boom

Dear Joanna,

You may start your journey using this website which describes innovations in scholarly communications. There is a section on writing but you may wish to look at the entire palet (before you start writing) etc. Also when you typ ‘writing techniques,’ or effective writing in your search machine you’ll get a lot of publications addressing scientific writing, policies, brochures etc. Each type requires a different approach.

On Mar 10, 2016, at 11:23, joanna_pierce@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

We have a Knowledge Base available for our internal company audiences and are thinking to open this up to our customers on our external Website in the coming year.

Our Authors are in need of training on how to best write and structure article content for a digital audience, but keeping with a content management system venue. Most of the training we're able to find is specific to Website copy--not Knowledge Base copy.

Any recommendations on training that's available (in-person/online) would be helpful. Thank you!

Best,

Joanna

joanna_pierce@...

Thanks Daan--I appreciate it!

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hi,

The Information Mapping writing methodology may be useful here.

Matt Moore
+61 423 784 504

On Mar 11, 2016, at 3:23 AM, joanna_pierce@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

We have a Knowledge Base available for our internal company audiences and are thinking to open this up to our customers on our external Website in the coming year.

Our Authors are in need of training on how to best write and structure article content for a digital audience, but keeping with a content management system venue. Most of the training we're able to find is specific to Website copy--not Knowledge Base copy.

Any recommendations on training that's available (in-person/online) would be helpful. Thank you!

Best,

Joanna

joanna_pierce@...

Thanks Matt--we'll check this out!

Connie Crosby

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:23 AM, joanna_pierce@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Any recommendations on training that's available (in-person/online) would be helpful. Thank you!

Joanna--

This is an opportunity to structure the content allowing it to be repurposed in a number of ways, including internal and external databases and possibly others. Especially effective if it can be stored in one place in the content management system and be updated only once when there are changes.

I have taken courses from and done work with Pamela Kostur of Parallax Communications on writing and structuring content for organizations' content management systems. She's the master at it.

She does put on customized workshops, which I highly recommend:

Cheers,
Connie

Connie Crosby
Crosby Group Consulting