KM competency frameworks #roles #expertise

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hi,

I'm running a 90 min session on essential skills, competencies and know-how in knowledge management with some masters students at UTS.

I have Bill Kaplan's CKO attributes, Frada Burstein's knowledge management roles and responsibilities, David Skyrme's types of KM role, and the KO competency framework I undertook with Patrick. What else would people recommend? Feel free to put forward your own framework!

Regards,

Matt

Patrick Lambe

Matt

The Oxbrow and Abell book cited there though dated is still a good reference

Patrick Lambe
Partner
Tel: +65 62210383

website: www.straitsknowledge.com
weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
book: www.organisingknowledge.com

Knowledge mapping made easy http://www.aithinsoftware.com

On 29 Mar, 2016, at 10:32 am, Matt Moore <innotecture@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm running a 90 min session on essential skills, competencies and know-how in knowledge management with some masters students at UTS.

I have Bill Kaplan's CKO attributes, Frada Burstein's knowledge management roles and responsibilities, David Skyrme's types of KM role, and the KO competency framework I undertook with Patrick. What else would people recommend? Feel free to put forward your own framework!

Regards,

Matt

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Patrick,

Many thanks! This is a very good summary of approaches up until 2009 (with a couple of additions in 2011). Has anything worthwhile been done since then?

Regards,
Matt

On Tuesday, 29 March 2016, 14:36, "Patrick Lambe plambe@greenchameleon.com [sikmleaders]" <sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Patrick Lambe included below]
Matt

https://knowledgebucket.wikispaces.com/Competencies

On 29 Mar, 2016, at 10:32 am, Matt Moore <innotecture@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm running a 90 min session on essential skills, competencies and know-how in knowledge management with some masters students at UTS.

I have Bill Kaplan's CKO attributes, Frada Burstein's knowledge management roles and responsibilities, David Skyrme's types of KM role, and the KO competency framework I undertook with Patrick. What else would people recommend? Feel free to put forward your own framework!

Regards,

Matt

Patrick Lambe

The AIIM standards committees may have been working on something - Dave Williams should be able to connect you.

On Tuesday, 29 March 2016, 14:36, "Patrick Lambe plambe@... [sikmleaders]" <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Patrick Lambe included below]
Matt

https://knowledgebucket.wikispaces.com/Competencies

The Oxbrow and Abell book cited there though dated is still a good reference

Patrick Lambe
Partner
Tel: +65 62210383

website: www.straitsknowledge.com
weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
book: www.organisingknowledge.com

Knowledge mapping made easy http://www.aithinsoftware.com

On 29 Mar, 2016, at 10:32 am, Matt Moore <innotecture@...> wrote:

Hi,

>I'm running a 90 min session on essential skills, competencies and know-how in knowledge management with some masters students at UTS.
>
>I have Bill Kaplan's CKO attributes, Frada Burstein's knowledge management roles and responsibilities, David Skyrme's types of KM role, and the KO competency framework I undertook with Patrick. What else would people recommend? Feel free to put forward your own framework!
>
>Regards,
>
>Matt

Boris Jaeger

Matt,

maybe you take a look at the KMedu Hub's resources tagged with...

or the like.

Recommended:

Sunny regards from Germany,
Boris Jaeger - "Curiosity is the beginning of all learning!"

**** CONTACT ****
jaegerWM - Web- & WissensManagement
Boris Jaeger
Albert-Stehlin Str. 6
79365 Rheinhausen
DEUTSCHLAND / GERMANY
-----
fon/fax: +49-(0)7643-913880
mobil: +49-(0)1577-7544883
-----
mail: boris.jaeger@...
home: www.jaegerWM.de

Stan Garfield

Douglas Weidner

Denise Bedford is the prime driver and honcho.

There are ten defined competency areas, around which we have already organized our courses.

Douglas Weidner, Chief CKM Instructor

Executive Chairman, KM Institute

Home of KMBOK™, KMM™ and the KM Transformation Solution
www.kminstitute.org

[Attachment(s) from Patrick Lambe included below]

The AIIM standards committees may have been working on something - Dave Williams should be able to connect you.

Patrick Lambe
Partner
Tel: +65 62210383

website: www.straitsknowledge.com
weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
book: www.organisingknowledge.com

Knowledge mapping made easy http://www.aithinsoftware.com

On 29 Mar, 2016, at 3:39 pm, Matt Moore innotecture@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Patrick,

Many thanks! This is a very good summary of approaches up until 2009 (with a couple of additions in 2011). Has anything worthwhile been done since then?

Regards,
Matt

On Tuesday, 29 March 2016, 14:36, "Patrick Lambe plambe@... [sikmleaders]" <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Patrick Lambe included below]
Matt

https://knowledgebucket.wikispaces.com/Competencies

The Oxbrow and Abell book cited there though dated is still a good reference

Patrick Lambe
Partner
Tel: +65 62210383

website: www.straitsknowledge.com
weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
book: www.organisingknowledge.com

Knowledge mapping made easy http://www.aithinsoftware.com

On 29 Mar, 2016, at 10:32 am, Matt Moore <innotecture@...> wrote:

Hi,

>I'm running a 90 min session on essential skills, competencies and know-how in knowledge management with some masters students at UTS.
>
>I have Bill Kaplan's CKO attributes, Frada Burstein's knowledge management roles and responsibilities, David Skyrme's types of KM role, and the KO competency framework I undertook with Patrick. What else would people recommend? Feel free to put forward your own framework!
>
>Regards,
>
>Matt

tman9999@...

Matt - I like David Garvin's Learning in Action series, which I converted into a framework for use at a client. It includes three areas: Learning Before Doing, Learning While Doing, and Learning After Doing. These can be used to map various KM-related techniques/tools, roughly as follows:
Learning Before: training, both formal and informal
Learning While: mentoring; OJT; shadowing
Learning After: AAR, project debriefs

All of above should be "wrapped" or underpinned with metrics, governance, and leadership commitment/support.

You can find more about this by looking him up on HBR's site - there are articles and an excellent video series.

Tom

Tom Short Consulting
Social Workflow, Enterprise Collaboration, Knowledge Strategy

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Many thanks everyone. Looks like there's some good stuff there.

If you have further suggestions then please share them.

Keshav Rajgopal