Topics

Knowledge Management (Overview) #km101

Mickey Strope

Good Morning Group,

Does anyone have a good introductory presentation that they used before in the past, that gives a basic introduction of Knowledge Management that would be appropriate for an executive presentation.

Peter Hobby

One now classic that I still refer to re: how to explain KM was from the good folks at Anecdote back in '06. I've dug up the link - a little dated but still resonates with me. 

Hope this helps - best of luck!

Peter Hobby

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM, mstropeckm@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Good Morning Group,

Does anyone have a good introductory presentation that they used before in the past, that gives a basic introduction of Knowledge Management that would be appropriate for an executive presentation.

I have learned that it is still important to know the specific audience and environment before providing this type of presentation. One size does not fit all based on mission, industry, sector, culture et al.

Glad to talk offline if you wish to have this conversation.  IMHO using other presentations are useful but suggest that you tailor to your needs, that of your audience, and the desired outcome.

Best

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

Sent: April 07, 2016 10:56
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] Knowledge Management (Overview)

Good Morning Group,

chuck georgo <chuck@...>

Hi peter, the link below takes us to the right page, but the link on that page to the whitepaper is broken…r/Chuck

(although there is other good stuff there if you click on ‘story finder’_

Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Knowledge Management (Overview)

One now classic that I still refer to re: how to explain KM was from the good folks at Anecdote back in '06. I've dug up the link - a little dated but still resonates with me. 

Peter Hobby

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM, mstropeckm@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Good Morning Group,

Peter Hobby

Edited

Chuck - thanks for pointing out the link issue (I was happy to still see it listed at all - didn't click further). From my own archives - the Anecdote "how to talk KM" white paper is attached. As I say - a classic but still potentially relevant.

And I agree with Bill - knowing the local context is essential - and it is OK to build on existing available work as you customize.

Best,

Peter Hobby

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM, 'chuck georgo' chuck@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Hi peter, the link below takes us to the right page, but the link on that page to the whitepaper is broken…r/Chuck

(although there is other good stuff there if you click on ‘story finder’_

Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Knowledge Management (Overview)

Peter Hobby

Good Morning Group,

Stan Garfield

Chris@Collison.com <chris@...>

Thanks for digging this out Stan - a really good little paper which still feels pretty current. Nice work from the guys at Anecdote. 

On 7 Apr 2016, at 20:12, stangarfield@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

tman9999@...

Edited

Not a presentation, but a "white paper" (actually a book chapter from a text book) that I was lead author of. The first page lists out nine critical lessons learned about creating and implementing a knowledge strategy, based on case examples from real companies (the case examples are also included). 

If that link doesn't work use TomShort-BookChapter-KM Lessons Learned.pdf

Good luck!

Tom

Tom Short Consulting
Social Workflow, Enterprise Collaboration, Knowledge Management
415-300-7457

patti@...

If not too late... I have done a couple of introductions to KM and posted "KM 101" to my slideshare KM 101

Just heard Larry Prusak talk yesterday about the "10 things that KMers agree on" I think I will be updating this deck soon with those elements.