Topics

Socially absorbed (Jive / Yammer) #Yammer


Howie Cohen
 

SIKM, 

 

          Last week I met with Microsoft during their release event for SP 2016.  Our discussions quickly went to what I didn't see, which was any talk about Yammer.   MS was very clear in their discussion around recapturing the intranet but they had a very difficult time with clearly stating what pieces of Yammer were to be kept and/or tossed and how these would be positioned for use in by an enterprise.   On the heels of the Jive showing year over year declines and their recent cut of 17% of their workforce, I am wondering from an enterprise perspective what is going to happen with turn key social technologies.    SharePoint as it stands doesn't naturally do what Yammer or Jive does and the idea that we keep adding tools into the mix doesn't sit well in my eyes.   Frankly, I use Jive and SharePoint integrated with Outlook everyday.  If I keep adding plugins to Outlook, it is going to look like FrankenSoft.   Is anyone else concerned about the future of these social technologies?  Do you think that FB for business is going to become a major player?  I haven't seen that much on it.   


Best, 

Howie 


Daan Boom
 

Dear Howie:

Your guess is just as good as mine with regard to the future of Yammer. In my view the tool will be further and further integrated in SP. The release in the coming months that onedrive will be integrated in Yammer (or vice versa) defines in my view the trajectory path that the various components of Yammer will form an integral part of the SP family. I know one organization implementing FB@Work and the first pilots are very positive. Its a powerful tool and a lot of people are familiar with the user interface. Time will tell if FB can eat a piece of the pie. The business case for corporate social networks remains the same: connecting people. In that sense I think Microsoft has a comparative advantage with its integration model managing contents (SP Library) as repository and document collaboration platform and Outlook/Exchange as the connector with staff profiles ported from HRM legacy systems.


Daan


On May 13, 2016, at 09:03, howardscohenmba@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:


SIKM, 

 

          Last week I met with Microsoft during their release event for SP 2016.  Our discussions quickly went to what I didn't see, which was any talk about Yammer.   MS was very clear in their discussion around recapturing the intranet but they had a very difficult time with clearly stating what pieces of Yammer were to be kept and/or tossed and how these would be positioned for use in by an enterprise.   On the heels of the Jive showing year over year declines and their recent cut of 17% of their workforce, I am wondering from an enterprise perspective what is going to happen with turn key social technologies.    SharePoint as it stands doesn't naturally do what Yammer or Jive does and the idea that we keep adding tools into the mix doesn't sit well in my eyes.   Frankly, I use Jive and SharePoint integrated with Outlook everyday.  If I keep adding plugins to Outlook, it is going to look like FrankenSoft.   Is anyone else concerned about the future of these social technologies?  Do you think that FB for business is going to become a major player?  I haven't seen that much on it.   


Best, 

Howie 




Howie Cohen
 

I believe it will be difficult for Jive to take the intranet space.   I also think they are having a tough time with strategy.  MS is coming on strong but they aren't really highlighting social.  Maybe it is because it almost inherently a given.  Like water in iced tea..   I am not sure but regardless, it is interesting how many companies are struggling with this problem but there aren't a great deal of public discussions about it. 

H

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Daan Boom daanboom@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 

Dear Howie:


Your guess is just as good as mine with regard to the future of Yammer. In my view the tool will be further and further integrated in SP. The release in the coming months that onedrive will be integrated in Yammer (or vice versa) defines in my view the trajectory path that the various components of Yammer will form an integral part of the SP family. I know one organization implementing FB@Work and the first pilots are very positive. Its a powerful tool and a lot of people are familiar with the user interface. Time will tell if FB can eat a piece of the pie. The business case for corporate social networks remains the same: connecting people. In that sense I think Microsoft has a comparative advantage with its integration model managing contents (SP Library) as repository and document collaboration platform and Outlook/Exchange as the connector with staff profiles ported from HRM legacy systems.


Daan


On May 13, 2016, at 09:03, howardscohenmba@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:


SIKM, 

 

          Last week I met with Microsoft during their release event for SP 2016.  Our discussions quickly went to what I didn't see, which was any talk about Yammer.   MS was very clear in their discussion around recapturing the intranet but they had a very difficult time with clearly stating what pieces of Yammer were to be kept and/or tossed and how these would be positioned for use in by an enterprise.   On the heels of the Jive showing year over year declines and their recent cut of 17% of their workforce, I am wondering from an enterprise perspective what is going to happen with turn key social technologies.    SharePoint as it stands doesn't naturally do what Yammer or Jive does and the idea that we keep adding tools into the mix doesn't sit well in my eyes.   Frankly, I use Jive and SharePoint integrated with Outlook everyday.  If I keep adding plugins to Outlook, it is going to look like FrankenSoft.   Is anyone else concerned about the future of these social technologies?  Do you think that FB for business is going to become a major player?  I haven't seen that much on it.   


Best, 

Howie 





Andrew Gent
 

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, or a large dose of salt, since it has been awhile since I worked in a large corporation. But the problem I saw back then, and I don't see addressed yet by enterprise "solutions", is that social is not an in-or-out thing. That is, either internet or intranet. It is both.  I'm not a big fan of their offering, but #Slack is the only thing I have seen so far that tries to bridge that gap...

--Andrew Gent


On Friday, May 13, 2016 2:21 PM, "Howard Cohen howardscohenmba@... [sikmleaders]" wrote:


 
I believe it will be difficult for Jive to take the intranet space.   I also think they are having a tough time with strategy.  MS is coming on strong but they aren't really highlighting social.  Maybe it is because it almost inherently a given.  Like water in iced tea..   I am not sure but regardless, it is interesting how many companies are struggling with this problem but there aren't a great deal of public discussions about it. 

H

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Daan Boom daanboom@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 
Dear Howie:

Your guess is just as good as mine with regard to the future of Yammer. In my view the tool will be further and further integrated in SP. The release in the coming months that onedrive will be integrated in Yammer (or vice versa) defines in my view the trajectory path that the various components of Yammer will form an integral part of the SP family. I know one organization implementing FB@Work and the first pilots are very positive. Its a powerful tool and a lot of people are familiar with the user interface. Time will tell if FB can eat a piece of the pie. The business case for corporate social networks remains the same: connecting people. In that sense I think Microsoft has a comparative advantage with its integration model managing contents (SP Library) as repository and document collaboration platform and Outlook/Exchange as the connector with staff profiles ported from HRM legacy systems.


Daan


On May 13, 2016, at 09:03, howardscohenmba@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:


SIKM, 
 
          Last week I met with Microsoft during their release event for SP 2016.  Our discussions quickly went to what I didn't see, which was any talk about Yammer.   MS was very clear in their discussion around recapturing the intranet but they had a very difficult time with clearly stating what pieces of Yammer were to be kept and/or tossed and how these would be positioned for use in by an enterprise.   On the heels of the Jive showing year over year declines and their recent cut of 17% of their workforce, I am wondering from an enterprise perspective what is going to happen with turn key social technologies.    SharePoint as it stands doesn't naturally do what Yammer or Jive does and the idea that we keep adding tools into the mix doesn't sit well in my eyes.   Frankly, I use Jive and SharePoint integrated with Outlook everyday.  If I keep adding plugins to Outlook, it is going to look like FrankenSoft.   Is anyone else concerned about the future of these social technologies?  Do you think that FB for business is going to become a major player?  I haven't seen that much on it.   

Best, 
Howie 






Joe Raimondo
 

I am working in a large company and #slack has taken over the Agile engineering group I work with. It's adoption is near total, and the business groups are catching on. It's seamlessly integrated with Box, which is the de facto file share. The bot and plugin ecosystem is rich and growing. At this point Slack looks a unicorn that's built to last (of course Yammer and Jive looked that way five years ago.) But it's shifting the conduct of real-time collaboration away from Outlook in a major way. 
In this bigco there is SP, Jive, Jira, Skype for Business, and a mishmash of other tools. Those platforms are basically storage vaults and investment in them is seen as deadweight loss. 

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Andrew Gent ajgent@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, or a large dose of salt, since it has been awhile since I worked in a large corporation. But the problem I saw back then, and I don't see addressed yet by enterprise "solutions", is that social is not an in-or-out thing. That is, either internet or intranet. It is both.  I'm not a big fan of their offering, but #Slack is the only thing I have seen so far that tries to bridge that gap...

--Andrew Gent


On Friday, May 13, 2016 2:21 PM, "Howard Cohen howardscohenmba@... [sikmleaders]" <sikmleaders@...> wrote:


 
I believe it will be difficult for Jive to take the intranet space.   I also think they are having a tough time with strategy.  MS is coming on strong but they aren't really highlighting social.  Maybe it is because it almost inherently a given.  Like water in iced tea..   I am not sure but regardless, it is interesting how many companies are struggling with this problem but there aren't a great deal of public discussions about it. 

H

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Daan Boom daanboom@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:
 
Dear Howie:

Your guess is just as good as mine with regard to the future of Yammer. In my view the tool will be further and further integrated in SP. The release in the coming months that onedrive will be integrated in Yammer (or vice versa) defines in my view the trajectory path that the various components of Yammer will form an integral part of the SP family. I know one organization implementing FB@Work and the first pilots are very positive. Its a powerful tool and a lot of people are familiar with the user interface. Time will tell if FB can eat a piece of the pie. The business case for corporate social networks remains the same: connecting people. In that sense I think Microsoft has a comparative advantage with its integration model managing contents (SP Library) as repository and document collaboration platform and Outlook/Exchange as the connector with staff profiles ported from HRM legacy systems.


Daan


On May 13, 2016, at 09:03, howardscohenmba@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:


SIKM, 
 
          Last week I met with Microsoft during their release event for SP 2016.  Our discussions quickly went to what I didn't see, which was any talk about Yammer.   MS was very clear in their discussion around recapturing the intranet but they had a very difficult time with clearly stating what pieces of Yammer were to be kept and/or tossed and how these would be positioned for use in by an enterprise.   On the heels of the Jive showing year over year declines and their recent cut of 17% of their workforce, I am wondering from an enterprise perspective what is going to happen with turn key social technologies.    SharePoint as it stands doesn't naturally do what Yammer or Jive does and the idea that we keep adding tools into the mix doesn't sit well in my eyes.   Frankly, I use Jive and SharePoint integrated with Outlook everyday.  If I keep adding plugins to Outlook, it is going to look like FrankenSoft.   Is anyone else concerned about the future of these social technologies?  Do you think that FB for business is going to become a major player?  I haven't seen that much on it.   

Best, 
Howie 








--
= Joe Raimondo =
+1 609 790 1757


Matt Moore <innotecture@...>
 

Hi,


Slack is tremendously popular with technologists so its presence in an agile engineering group isn't that surprising. It seems to me that it offers a proposition to Yammer & Jive. Slack is focused on teams, Yammer & Jive were focused on "social in the enterprise" which was basically cross-team collaboration.

While it's so hot right now, Slack is also generating a bit of a backlash as it turns out that it's not magic but also requires some setting of norms and conventions around collaboration. I've not seen too much on examples of it working at scale.

Facebook@Work? Who knows really. Given Facebook's reach, it could be massively popular. It could also be another Google Apps (where a consumer tech company entered the enterprise space and has done OK but hasn't lived up to the promise it initially showed). It seems to be especially popular in B2C businesses that are strong users of Facebook from a marketing perspective.

The current collaboration space seems to be getting messier and messier (the environment Joe described where you've got SP, Jive, Jira, Skype & Slack is pretty common in even medium-sized organisations). A world where Slack or Facebook dominates is possible - but a more likely near-term scenario is one where organisations have multiple tools championed by different groups or for different specific use cases (team collaboration vs whole-of-organisation engagement).

Regards,

Matt


tman9999@...
 

One major difference between Yammer and Jive is the way they are positioned and sold. MS practically gives away Yammer to its existing Enterprise Office/Server suite customers; while Jive has nothing else but its various flavors of the social platform and related mobile apps. That alone changes the way both MS and companies think about Yammer from both a development and a usage perspective. 

Beyond that I think social platforms are quickly evolving and aiming to become the enterprise intranet hub by either displacing whatever is being used for an intranet now; or by positioning themselves as the launchpad for many or most enterprise apps and first place people go when they log in. 

Also, in my opinion companies like Jive and products like Sharepoint are at a disadvantage because they were originally built on a non-cloud (and, perhaps even more important, non-mobile/non-responsive design) code base. For the last 2-3 years Jive has been working hard  on rebuilding the core Jive-x/n platform to be both; and this year's big push is to get holdout enterprise customers to switch from on-prem or hosted instances to cloud. 

Contrast this with Slack or Samepage, which were built in a post-cloud, mobile-first environment. Samepage, by the way, gets my vote for one of the best up and coming social platforms for enterprise users - one to watch. 

Great discussion! 

Tom Short


Mark Tilbury
 

I agree with Tom - great discussion. 

Ref the point about Yammer I had a session with MS folk and they went through the plans for Yammer and I was quite surprised at how much they were looking to integrate with other areas of O365. I also saw a preview of some of the planning around Skype and introducing features that would compete with Slack. I think the story varies whoever you speak to in MS or the other big players. 

As with all the big players they will see what new capabilities takes off in the market place and then rapidly create their own version - or just buy the start-up company! 

Where all the new entrants into the collaboration market fail (Slack, Samepage, dapulse or early ones like Mango, Jostle, Profinda etc ) is when they try to look at an enterprise integrated solution. Features like Delve and Verse can be very powerful in surfacing content and connections on an enterprise scale and unless you want to use endless connectors and plug-ins (which eventually cost money and / or become an IT / Risk departments nightmare) large organisations will look to the large players to provide the integrated solution rather than 'cool' products with some niche feature. 

Jive stands out on its own as one of the smaller (and oldest) players in the collaboration space that look to the integrated solutions. Its a lovely offering but how many companies will continue to afford this type of luxury for collaboration?




On Saturday, 14 May 2016, 16:22, "tman9999@... [sikmleaders]" wrote:


 
One major difference between Yammer and Jive is the way they are positioned and sold. MS practically gives away Yammer to its existing Enterprise Office/Server suite customers; while Jive has nothing else but its various flavors of the social platform and related mobile apps. That alone changes the way both MS and companies think about Yammer from both a development and a usage perspective. 

Beyond that I think social platforms are quickly evolving and aiming to become the enterprise intranet hub by either displacing whatever is being used for an intranet now; or by positioning themselves as the launchpad for many or most enterprise apps and first place people go when they log in.&nbs p;

Also, in my opinion companies like Jive and products like Sharepoint are at a disadvantage because they were originally built on a non-cloud (and, perhaps even more important, non-mobile/non-responsive design) code base. For the last 2-3 years Jive has been working hard  on rebuilding the core Jive-x/n platform to be both; and this year's big push is to get holdout enterprise customers to switch from on-prem or hosted instances to cloud. 

Contrast this with Slack or Samepage, which were built in a post-cloud, mobile-first environment. Samepage, by the way, ge ts my vote for one of the best up and coming social platforms for enterprise users - one to watch. 

Great discussion! 

Tom Short