June 2016 SIKM Call: Greg Nemeth - Social Collaboration: A Path to Business Value #monthly-call #collaboration

Stan Garfield

*** NOTE: There are new dial-in numbers for the call. ***

Please use the ones listed below, and update any recurring calendar reminders with these new numbers.

This is a reminder of tomorrow's monthly call from 11 am to 12 noon EDT.

SIKM Leaders Community Monthly Call

Dial-in Number: United States and Canada (712) 770-4700

Access Code: 178302

International Dial-in Numbers

Argentina +54 11 5031-9546

Australia +61 2 4783 7110

Austria +43 1 2650541

Belgium +32 9 324 29 21

Brazil +55 11 3042-5290

Bulgaria +359 2 495 1721

Cambodia +855 96 696 7883

Chile 56232109944

China +86 510 8022 4354

Costa Rica +506 4001 0254

Croatia +385 1 8000 131

Cyprus +357 77 788687

Czech +420 225 852 083

Denmark +45 78 77 36 33

Dominican Republic +1 829-999-2564

Estonia +372 634 6274

Finland +358 9 74791032

France +33 1 78 90 06 94

GCC/Arabian Peninsula +973 1656 8354 - This dial-in number is located in Bahrain.

Georgia +995 706 777 583

Germany +49 209 88294442

Guatemala +502 2458 1450

Hungary +36 1 999 0542

Iceland +354 539 0352

Indonesia +62 21 51388852

Ireland +353 1 907 9721

Israel +972 55-966-1103

Italy +39 06 8997 1654

Japan +81 3-5050-5114

Kenya +254 20 5293281

Latvia +371 67 881 973

Lithuania +370 661 05790

Luxembourg +352 20 30 16 53

Malaysia +60 11-1146 0074

Mexico +52 899 274 8860

Netherlands +31 6 35205063

New Zealand +64 7-974 6530

Nigeria +234 1 440 5024

Norway +47 73 79 03 14

Pakistan +92 21 37132323

Panama +507 833-6910

Poland +48 22 116 85 63

Portugal +351 21 114 3163

Romania +40 31 780 7054

Russian Federation +7 812 383-96-23

Slovakia +421 2/333 252 03

Slovenia +386 1 828 08 74

South Africa +27 87 825 0172

South Korea +82 70-7737-3405 - This number is not available outside of South Korea.

Spain +34 872 50 31 53

Sri Lanka +94 11 5 322984

Sweden +46 8 124 109 76

Switzerland +41 43 550 70 82

Turkey +90 212 988 1774

Ukraine +380 94 710 5941

United Kingdom +44 330 088 1904

Lisa Austin

In today's community meeting, Greg indicated that contrary to what most would assume, the millennials or "newbies" to corporate life, aren't the big adopters of Yammer.  Based on my experience with delivering my "Journey" knowledge sharing game to Millennials, that fits in with my assessment.  What I have found is that within the corporate context, they are highly competitive, much more than those who have established themselves in their careers.  So, my theory is that it is even more important to connect use of social networking to their career development.  It's all about the wiifm, but it will need to be more specific to how they get a good review and promotion, as well as recognition.  In the game, they are extremely competitive and have no need to find individuals with information they need, or to share information that is deemed to give them an advantage over others.  I wish i had solid data on this, but it is primarily anecdotal....

Oh, and another thought that came up on the presentation is that Revenue is a perfect dashboard item, but it seems that cost savings or cost avoidance don't have the same impact to leadership as a justification for communities.  It's much less tangible....  thoughts?

Lisa

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 133rd monthly call.
Here are the details:

Thanks to Greg for presenting, to Catherine Shinners for live tweeting, and to the members who participated in the discussion. Please continue the discussion by replying to this thread.

Fred Nickols

Lisa Austin posted that anecdotal evidence suggests millennials don’t seek information they need from those who have it nor do they share information that they view as giving them power.  That pretty much sounds like the old adage that “knowledge is power.”  Isn’t subscribing to that notion pretty much what most people do in competitive situations, not just millennials?

Regards,

Fred Nickols, CPT

Writer & Consultant

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC