Topics

CoP - Archiving and Retention Policy #CoP #knowledge-retention

Jeffrey Dlott

Would appreciate any feedback. We are considering migrating content to a searchable archive after 12 months then purging content at 6 years.

Is that reasonable? How are people doing this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Lee Romero

This is kind of old but perhaps some of it's still relevant -

I wrote this back in 2009.

Regards
Lee

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM, jedlo@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Would appreciate any feedback. We are considering migrating content to a searchable archive after 12 months then purging content at 6 years.

Is that reasonable? How are people doing this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Very informative and still very useful in many dimensions

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

This is kind of old but perhaps some of it's still relevant -

I wrote this back in 2009.

Regards

Lee

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM, jedlo@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Would appreciate any feedback. We are considering migrating content to a searchable archive after 12 months then purging content at 6 years.

Is that reasonable? How are people doing this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Neil Olonoff

Jeff,

It seems to me you may wish to add some detail to your description, which would provide valuable context in crafting a viable solution.

Neil

Neil Olonoff
Mobile: 703.283.4157
Skype: nolonoff

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM, jedlo@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Would appreciate any feedback. We are considering migrating content to a searchable archive after 12 months then purging content at 6 years.

Is that reasonable? How are people doing this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeffrey Dlott

Thank you for replying to my post. Some very interesting pearls of wisdom in there!

Jeff

Jeffrey Dlott

Thanks Neil for the feedback.

The CoP that I run has a little over 250 members from different functional units collaborating on 2 main business objectives. The main page is open to all members and includes a discussion board, wiki page, libraries, and useful links. We have another section called  'working group" which consists of smaller teams collaborating on more focused projects (restricted access).

My archiving and retention question is 2 fold:

1. What are some reasonable solutions for the main page?

2. What is reasonable for the individual working groups?

The main page content is added a la carte whereas the 'working group' content is more intentional and is more of a collection.

Hope this is clearer.

Thank you!

Jeff

Stan Garfield

Jeff, this article may be of interest: Don't automatically archive content

How often does the CoP have an oppty to meet F2F?

The CoP that I run has a little over 250 members from different functional units collaborating on 2 main business objectives. The main page is open to all members and includes a discussion board, wiki page, libraries, and useful links. We have another section called  'working group" which consists of smaller teams collaborating on more focused projects (restricted access).

My archiving and retention question is 2 fold:

1. What are some reasonable solutions for the main page?

2. What is reasonable for the individual working groups?

The main page content is added a la carte whereas the 'working group' content is more intentional and is more of a collection.

Hope this is clearer.

Thank you!

Jeff

Jeffrey Dlott

The community is scattered throughout the US so we do not meet F2F