Question about Language Classifications #question

Frank Guerino

Hi All,

Is there a place where we can go to learn about how to properly classify all uses and tenses of a word?  For example, for all permutations of the word “run”:

  • “run”
  • “ran”
  • “running”
  • “runner"
  • “a run”
  • “the run”
  • Etc.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My Best,

Frank
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
http://www.if4it.com
1.908.294.5191 (M)

Bruce Boyes

Hi Frank,

A good dictionary like Oxford will give you all of that information, for example for "run" see https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/run

Cheers,

Bruce.

On Friday, April 14, 2017, 10:16 AM, Frank Guerino frank.guerino@... [sikmleaders]

Hi All,

Is there a place where we can go to learn about how to properly classify all uses and tenses of a word?  For example, for all permutations of the word “run”:

  • “run”
  • “ran”
  • “running”
  • “runner"
  • “a run”
  • “the run”
  • Etc.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My Best,

Frank
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
http://www.if4it.com
1.908.294.5191 (M)

Murray Jennex

it may not be the answer you are looking for but my student and I are doing projects where we are determining the meaning of words and emojis with respect to their application in adds as a way of identifying potential victims of human sex trafficking.  Of course this means that these words and emojis have more meanings than are listed in the dictionaries.  Thus I suspect there is no answer to your query.....murray

In a message dated 4/13/2017 7:16:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sikmleaders@... writes:

Hi All,

Is there a place where we can go to learn about how to properly classify all uses and tenses of a word?  For example, for all permutations of the word “run”:

  • “run”
  • “ran”
  • “running”
  • “runner"
  • “a run”
  • “the run”
  • Etc.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My Best,

Frank
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
http://www.if4it.com
1.908.294.5191 (M)

Frank Guerino

Hi Bruce,