Topics

Getting Started in Taxonomy/ Metadata Mgt #metadata

Jamie Martino

Hello KMers,

I am looking for some proven practices/ starting points for creating a taxonomy and metadata management project. Ideally, it will start small, and then roll out to company/ application-wide. We have a myriad of systems, are a MS-based company, but we don't want to necessarily be tool dependent.

Thanks in advance.
Best,

Jamie

Stan Garfield

Jamie, thanks for asking here. I compiled a number of resources in these two articles that may be helpful:
  1. Classification Process and Taxonomy
  2. Metadata and Tags

I hope that others will reply with real-life examples of projects they have worked on.

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hi,

The books by Heather Hedden (Accidental Taxonomist) and Patrick Lambe (Organising Knowledge) are awesome. As are the materials from Earley & Associates.

There's is also an email list and LinkedIn group called Taxocop.

Matt Moore
+61 423 784 504

On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:50 AM, martinojamie@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Hello KMers,

I am looking for some proven practices/ starting points for creating a taxonomy and metadata management project. Ideally, it will start small, and then roll out to company/ application-wide. We have a myriad of systems, are a MS-based company, but we don't want to necessarily be tool dependent.

Thanks in advance.
Best,

Jamie

Thanks Stan!  You always have the good stuff!!

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

Jamie, thanks for asking here. I compiled a number of resources in these two articles that may be helpful:

  1. Classification Process and Taxonomy
  2. Metadata and Tags

I hope that others will reply with real-life examples of projects they have worked on.

Jamie Martino

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your input. I will dig in asap.

Best,
Jamie