KM Incentives #gamification

Edwin K. Morrris

Greetings all forward thinkers,
I am searching for case examples of incentivizing KM behaviors, culture, and outcomes in organizations. The good, the bad, and the ugly are welcome.

Yours in knowledge,

Edwin K. Morris
Pioneer Knowledge Services

Stan Garfield

Edwin K. Morrris

Thank you for these resources Stan.
Edwin

Vijayanandam VM

Edited

Edwin

At Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software services (In future MicroFocus), we have deployed an incentive mechanism to study Knowledge contribution, Knowledge reuse behavior. Portion of the half-yearly bonuses were used to influence KM sharing culture. This has given mixed results across Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.

Pl. go thru the attached Presentation, Interview as well as summary of the presentation which we have made in APQC in April 2016.

Would be happy to answer if you have any queries.

Resources
1. Presentation - Designing a KM Program with Strong Adoption, Leadership Alignment and Concrete Metrics (by Vijay/Grey Cook)
SWS+KM_APQC+2016+KM+Conference_Final+v1.pdf
K06822_Hewlett+Packard_2016+KM+Conference+Overview.pdf

Vijayanandam V M | HPE Software Services | WW Delivery | È+91 98868 38923 | vijayanand@...

Edwin K. Morrris

I very much appreciate this feedback and resource about HP Enterprise. Thank you!

Edwin K. Morrris

Vijayanandam,
Thank you again.

 I am giving a presentation in Boston at the 4th Life Science Knowledge Management Summit http://exlevents.com/life-science-knowledge-management-summit/ in August. The title of my presentation is: Promote Company-Wide Strategic Usage and Achievement of KM.

Are you agreeable that I may use or refer to your instance/material as case example?

Yours in knowledge,
Edwin
https://pioneer-ks.org/

arno boersma <arnovation@...>

Hi Edwin,
Re your question on incentives. I am currently working on a small publication on incentivizing people to share knowledge. I saw that Stan already sent some good sources. Some other useful sources for me (amongst many) have been:
- Nick Milton's blog, for example:
- HBR articles, even though old, still relevant: https://hbr.org/1993/09/why-incentive-plans-cannot-work

Hope it helps.
Kind regards,
Arno

On Jul 21, 2017, at 9:13 AM, President@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Greetings all forward thinkers,
I am searching for case examples of incentivizing KM behaviors, culture, and outcomes in organizations. The good, the bad, and the ugly are welcome.

Yours in knowledge,

Edwin K. Morris
Pioneer Knowledge Services

Edwin K. Morrris