Seeking beta testers - TrustRadar KM benchmark #trust

Stephen Bounds

Introducing TrustRadar
A long-standing challenge of Knowledge Management has been how to measure the effectiveness of KM tools and techniques. There is a need in KM for externally valid, hard to game benchmarks that can be used to better assess the success of what we do.

To this end, KnowQuestion has been exploring the use of trust as a way to evaluate KM success. Our rationale is that trusting a person or organisation is a choice to delegate decisions to the knowledge of others. As such, levels of trust strongly correlate to confidence in the knowledge and knowledge practices of the trusted party.

We have developed the "TrustRadar" benchmark as a way to provide a simple evaluation in five dimensions about different forms of trust. Based on the benchmark results, we then offer useful and tangible suggestions for improving these scores based on KM theory and practice.

Applying TrustRadar is a simple 3 step process:

  1. Identify the team, branch, or organisation being targeted for assessment (the 'target group') and the domain of knowledge and expertise being evaluated.
  2. Invite at least 3 people external to the target group to complete the 15-20 minute TrustRadar questionnaire.
  3. After questionnaire completion, the aggregated scores from the survey and suggestions are given to the target group for review and action.

TrustRadar can also be used as a self-assessment tool, but this will produce less robust results due to issues of perception bias.

Beta program

We are currently seeking beta testers for TrustRadar to provide feedback on the clarity of the developed questions, and to validate the perceived accuracy and usefulness of results obtained. For the beta program, you may choose to either self-assess (noting the caveats above) or nominate external assessors who will each receive a link to the questionnaire to complete.

The beta program will commence at the end of September. After the TrustRadar exercise is complete, participants will receive a follow-up questionnaire requesting feedback on their experiences with the tool.

  • To join the beta program: Please visit http://trustradar.info to sign up.
  • To be kept informed of future developments: Visit http://trustradar.info and uncheck the beta test participant option when providing your name and email address.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,
-- Stephen.

Stephen Bounds
Director & Principal Consultant