Just in case, there is no KM program at my new job at Twitter #KM101

Eric Herberholz

Just in case, there's no KM plan at my new job at Twitter...

Please, would someone assist me with where and how to start one?

Tall order perhaps, or maybe there are guides, etc., available that someone could point me to.

Kind Regards,

Eric Herberholz

I love this…first question--what outcome do you want your plan to support?

Best

Bill

Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 16:59
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] Just in case, there is no KM program at my new job at Twitter

Tall order perhaps, or maybe there are guides, etc., available that someone could point me to.

Kind Regards,

Eric Herberholz

Eric Herberholz

I don't know yet, I start on Monday! :-)

We will all be glad to help once you get comfortable there. Tweet us!  😊

Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 17:36
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: RE: [sikmleaders] Just in case, there is no KM program at my new job at Twitter

I don't know yet, I start on Monday! :-)

Stephen Bounds

Hi Eric,

This isn't specifically a KM thing, but I developed a framework which is designed towards development of holistic strategies and plans for organisations which you may find it useful. Here's an introduction on SlideShare:

https://www.slideshare.net/bounds/introduction-to-gchecks

If you have any questions, happy to chat.

Cheers,
-- Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Director & Principal Consultant
knowquestion Pty Ltd
E: sb@...
M: 0401 829 096
====================================
On 20/10/2017 7:58 AM, erich13@... [sikmleaders] wrote:

Kind Regards,

Eric Herberholz

Stan Garfield

Here is the process I recommend:
  1. Create a Top 3 Objectives List of challenges and opportunities which your KM program will address. These objectives align business direction with program goals.
  2. Provide 9 Answers to questions about people, process, and technology. This information defines who will participate, which processes will be required, and how tools will support the people and processes.
  3. Define the KM Strategy. These are specific actions which will be taken to implement the program.
  4. Gain the sponsorship of your senior executive through The 10 Commitments. These commitments from the leader of your organization will enable the KM strategy to be implemented.
  5. Create and execute the Implementation Plan. This plan spells out the details of implementing the initiative. Contained in the Implementation Plan are program governance; desired modes of knowledge flowpeople, process, and technology component selection; and implementation plans for some of the components, such as trainingcommunications, and change management. Each one of these needs to be followed as part of implementing the overall plan.