Profiles in Knowledge: Gone, but not forgotten #thought-leaders

Stan Garfield

Here are links to profiles of 8 KM thought leaders who unfortunately are no longer with us.  Please reply with any fond memories you have about any of these contributors to our profession, and with any suggestions for others who should also be profiled.
  1. Debra Amidon 19-Dec-17
  2. Max Boisot 22-Jan-18
  3. Jay Cross 29-Jan-18
  4. Peter Drucker 07-Feb-18
  5. Carl Frappaolo 12-Feb-18
  6. Jack Grayson 20-Feb-18
  7. Frank Leistner 26-Feb-18
  8. Melissie Rumizen 05-Mar-18

Arthur Shelley

Fantastic thanks Stan

So many of the newbie KM'ers will not know the contributions of these greats to our field.

As a global discipline (which we are not truly connected as yet, but I believe will be in time), it is important that we highlight the contributions to our fellows, past and  present, so that our future Knowledge Leaders are aware of how to “stand on the shoulders of giants”.

Thanks for sharing as always.

Regards

Arthur Shelley

Producer: Creative Melbourne

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects

Earlier Books: The Organizational Zoo (2007) & Being a Successful Knowledge Leader (2009)

Principal: www.IntelligentAnswers.com.au

Founder: Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network

Mb. +61 413 047 408  Skype: Arthur.Shelley  Twitter: @Metaphorage

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=4229168

Free behavioural profiles: www.organizationalzoo.com

#1 KM Blogger (2008)
TLO Reviewer of the Year (2006)

I worked closely with Melissie Rumizen while she was with the KM consulting team led by Kent Greenes at the original SAIC.

One key learning for me from Melissie was her perspective that there is no “perfect KM Strategy” for an organization.  The idea that the strategy should and will develop through practical application and “performing and learning” in the job and on the job is a fundamental that anchors much of my current approach to KM consulting. I still refer to my copy of the book with her inscription to me on a regular basis.  I visited with her in her home in Fairfax, VA shortly before she passed away…she gave me some advice and it is in this inscription.  Melissie told me KM was not an easy discipline with which to work…and if I was to stay with it, I needed to be always a “source of learning”  for my colleagues and my clients. Melissie was and remains, through her thinking and writing,  a real practitioner in the field.

Bill Kaplan

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

Here are links to profiles of 8 KM thought leaders who unfortunately are no longer with us.  Please reply with any fond memories you have about any of these contributors to our profession, and with any suggestions for others who should also be profiled.

1.     Debra Amidon 19-Dec-17

2.     Max Boisot 22-Jan-18

3.     Jay Cross 29-Jan-18

4.     Peter Drucker 07-Feb-18

5.     Carl Frappaolo 12-Feb-18

6.     Jack Grayson 20-Feb-18

7.     Frank Leistner 26-Feb-18

8.     Melissie Rumizen 05-Mar-18

Stan Garfield

Thanks, Bill.  I added your tribute to the article.

Stan Garfield

Thanks, Boris.  I added your tribute to the article.