From: <sikmleaders@...> on behalf of "allison.ehrman@... [sikmleaders]" <sikmleaders@...>
Date: Thursday, 19 April 2018 at 15:23
To: "sikmleaders@..." <sikmleaders@...>
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Organizational Network Analysis and Active Directory

Hey John,

My original plan was to use Microsoft Forms for the surveys (which we already have and I use frequently in my lessons learned process and in virtual KM portal scavenger hunts), but leave it to Microsoft not to provide integration between Forms and AD. It does make it easy to export the results to Excel, and would make it easy for me to combine the ONA survey with questions for a general knowledge audit. I was also going to use NodeXL to represent the data. Do you have a favorite graphing tool?

Btw, I saw your new class on knowledge transfer and am hoping to take it late this year or early next year, if it's offered again at that time. It would be helpful to have that under my belt before I kick off a new program for exiting employees.

Allison

---In sikmleaders@..., <johnhovell@...> wrote :

Hi Allison, I’d be interested to hear more about that as well! I tend to do manual data cleanup when using ONA tools such as Kumu, ucinet/netdraw and nodexl... I’ve pulled data from AD then manually created forms (and conducted interviews) to do what you’re asking about...

Thanks,

John

On 18 Apr 2018, at 13:12, allison.ehrman@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Is anyone aware of an ONA (organizational network analysis) tool that can be integrated with Active Directory (or can leverage data from AD)? I'm in the early stages of planning an ONA for our ~1500 employees and am looking for a way to validate employee data entry (names of other employees) to save myself the pain of having to clean it up manually after the survey. In other words, I'd like to allow survey participants to choose employees from a people picker rather than having them type in names manually.

Allison Ehrman, CKM

Director, Knowledge Management

Policies, Process and Integration

Polaris Alpha

6210 Guardian Gateway, Suite 200

Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005

(Office) 410.834.7352

allison.ehrman@...

www.polarisalpha.com

allison.ehrman@...

Thanks Patti!

I'll look into those more. I may have to stick with a tool that doesn't store data in the cloud, however, due to the proprietary nature of the information I'll be getting back on my survey (I plan to combine the ONA survey with a knowledge audit). Our information security and IT teams are pretty strict about that due to contractual requirements. But it can't hurt to ask!

Allison

---In sikmleaders@..., <patti.anklam@...> wrote :

Both ONASurveys and Polinode allow uyou to upload data pulled from employee data. Respondents then can search or select names from the master list. No manual reconciliation of names should be required.

.patti

--
Patti Anklam
Leveraging Context, Knowledge, and Networks

http://www.pattianklam.com

allison.ehrman@...

[...]

John Hovell