Igloo as a intranet/KM knowledge base platform #tools #intranet

Cody Vild

Hi SIKM Leaders,

My company (about 100 people mostly at one site) is looking to roll out a knowledge base.  We have used our own wiki in the past, but feel that we are nearing the time to move to something more enterprise.  Igloo has emerged as a front-runner for us due to its similar wiki features, but because it also has interesting capabilities.  At this time, we believe that Igloo could function as an internal intranet with minimal back-end maintenance from us.

I was hoping to solicit advice and opinions from this group with those who are familiar with the Igloo platform.  How is their customer service?   What features did you utilize often and what aspects were less than ideal?  Any tips for best practice?  If you went with Igloo, what was the runner-up platform?  Please reply with anything else that you would've like to have known in retrospect.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Cody

John Sharp

Hello Cody,

If you would like to chat further let’s connect. Your scenario is identical to what my organization has gone, and is going through. We recently signed on with Igloo.

Reach out to me if you wish to chat.

On Aug 2, 2018, at 10:35 AM, c3j1v62@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

[...]

Aaron Buchsbaum

John & Cody – would be keen to join your call as well. Not looking at Igloo specifically but I think the conversation you’d have is one of great interest.

All best,

Aaron

Stan Garfield

I'm glad to see the replies to Cody's post.  In the interest of sharing knowledge more broadly, I suggest:
  1. If you have a con call about this topic, make it open to all SIKM members by posting the logistics here.
  2. Record the call and post a link to the recording here.
  3. Post a written summary of the call here.
  4. Continue the conversation here as a threaded discussion.
This will allow everyone to benefit from your efforts.  Thanks for considering this.

Merrill Anne Jordan

Hi all,

Ditto to what Aaron said. I’d love to hear more.

Sincerely,

Merrill

On Aug 3, 2018, at 9:19 AM, Aaron F Buchsbaum abuchsbaum@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

John & Cody – would be keen to join your call as well. Not looking at Igloo specifically but I think the conversation you’d have is one of great interest.

All best,

Aaron

Cody Vild

Hi all,

Thank you all for the interest in this topic.  After seeing what the interest looks like, it seems that perhaps John Sharp and I could set up this call, record it and put it back on this thread for all of you to review.  From there, hopefully, future discussion points emerge.

John and I will also come up with agenda items before the call and post them here. That way we give Aaron and Merrill the opportunity to add things they especially wanted to talk about.

John, I will be reaching out to you directly.

Best regards,
Cody

Aaron Buchsbaum

Thank you Cody and John! Appreciate you taking on the extra organization to pull a conf. call together. I think we’ll have a lively chat.

All best,

Aaron