Critical knowledge #audit

Sandra Lopez

hello, I need to know critical knowledge in the organization, I would like to know which methodologies and instruments can you suggest me to do this?
I currently have a map of knowledge management and then a action plan, but sometimes I think it ends up doing the same without map, what do you think?
thank you!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Stan Garfield

Knowledge Audit is a systematic process to identify an organization’s knowledge needs, resources and flows, as a basis for understanding where and how better knowledge management can add value. Knowledge Audit is a formal determination and evaluation of how and where knowledge is used in business processes. It identifies implicit user needs and explicit information stores to evaluate all information resources and workflows, and determine enterprise user access requirements. It is a rigorous process using questionnaires, interviews and resource descriptions. It helps the audited unit determine what it knows, who knows what, what it does not know, what it needs to know, and how it should improve the management of its current knowledge.

Sandra Lopez

Tks Stand, I know that you said me, My questión is: if you know some way to simplify this audit knowlege or spped the process to users don´t feel heavy?

--

IEO. Sandra Maria Lopez Muriel. PhD telecomunicaciones

El contenido de este mensaje puede ser información privilegiada y confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario real del mismo, por favor informe de ello a quien lo envía y destrúyalo en forma inmediata.”

Stan Garfield

In addition to a knowledge audit, to determine which knowledge is critical in an organization, you can use one or more of these approaches:
  • A survey to ask the people in the organization what they consider to be critical knowledge
  • A social network analysis to examine the connections, flows, and critical nodes in the organization
  • Ask people to tell stories about critical knowledge in the organization and how it does or doesn't flow