2019 Midwest KM Symposium #conferences

joanna_pierce@...

Thanks for sharing! Is there a date set for 2019?

Stan Garfield

The 2019 Midwest KM Symposium will be held on August 9 in Cincinnati, with optional events on August 8. More information is available at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/82139/

Susan Ostreicher

Stan, thank you for sharing this. I joined the LinkedIn group, but I'm having trouble finding information on how to sign up for the 2019 event, or how to submit a proposal. Can anyone steer me in the right direction, please? Thanks!

Stan Garfield

Details on this year's symposium will be published next week, including information for presenters and attendees.

Stan Garfield

Join us for the 7th Midwest Knowledge Management (KM) Symposium, ‘(Positively) Disrupting Your Business with KM’, on August 8-9, 2019, in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is a small-scale free event (90 attendees maximum) that will be held at Western & Southern Financial Group in Cincinnati.

Register for the symposium by July 31.

What’s On Tap?

On Thursday afternoon the 8th, John Hovell has offered to lead an optional ‘Organization Workshop’ – “an immersive, experiential workshop that serves a way to see, hear and feel how an organizational system tends to work, and what you can do to support any system” followed by an optional group dinner. You won’t want to miss it. Friday the 9th features our full day symposium that combines a variety of topics presented in a range of engaging formats.

This event is an effort driven by knowledge management professionals from organizations including Western & Southern Financial Group, Accenture, EY, Pioneer Knowledge Services, and STRATactical International to share ideas and insights related to the knowledge management space.

Interested in Presenting?

We’re seeking speaker proposals that emphasize the breadth of KM practices. As always, the committee will look to represent the range of our community’s thought leadership with a focus on the following range of delivery formats:

  • TED-type storytelling—bring your from-the-field stories (the wins or the losses) in a 20-min session
  • PechaKucha - 20 x 20 presentation format where you show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images advance automatically, and you talk along to the images.
  • Keynote—highlighting in-depth topics and/or major trends
  • Game/Exercise – present a concept using a simple game or exercise
  • Peer-assist session—propose your problem statement and we’ll poll the KM experts in the room
  • BYOF – Bring Your Own Format – don’t see a format that suits your style? Propose your own format and bring that innovation to Cincinnati.

Submit a proposal by Jun 15.

Stan Garfield

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 1:08 AM stangarfield@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

[...]

Chet Robinson

Hello, I invite all KM professionals, especially those who are relatively new to the field, to join us for what should be an informative and collegial time. After managing content and collaboration-related KM responsibilities as part of my marketing roles for nearly a decade, I took a lead KM role within Teradata's professional services organization in 2016.  Attending the 2018 KM Midwest Symposium helped further clarify my appreciation of the many disciplines within KM. I had previously attended KMWorld and appreciated the experience, but the Symposium's value for me was the quality of the networking and interactions one can have with a more modest sized group.

I have assisted the planning team for this year's symposium, primarily focused on developing content that can help generate discussion about the ways in which KM leaders can most effectively demonstrate the relevance of what we do to both front-line knowledge workers and senior executives. If you have any experience or thought leadership about how to best approach this challenge or other "burning platforms," please take the time to visit the symposium site and submit your proposal.

Sincerely,
Chet Robinson
Knowledge Management Lead - Regions, Go to Market Operations
Teradata

Derek Bostic

Hello - my name is Derek Bostic and my organization will be hosting this year's symposium in Cincinnati.  Like many others in this group and in the field, I was a KM practitioner well before I knew what KM was.  My first true KM immersion occurred at Midwest KM and I can't imagine not attending it moving forward.  I appreciated the candor, conversation and support I received as well as the relationships I built as a result of attending.  If you're available we'd love to have you attend and hopefully join the broader conversation as a presenter.  Our goal is to create an "unconference" feel where there are more conversations, interactions and applications than other events you might have previously attended.  Please consider joining us as we discuss how we can positively disrupt our organizations through KM.

Best,

Derek Bostic

Nancy Dixon

Derick  I submitted a proposal several weeks ago. Do you have it or do you need me to resend it.

Nancy

On Jun 17, 2019, at 4:45 PM, derekbostic@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

[...]

Nancy - we have your proposal.  Someone from the planning team will be reaching out in the next to touch base with you.  Thanks!

Derek Bostic

All - we will be closing our speaker proposals for 2019 Midwest KM Symposium at end of day Monday 6/24.  If you've considered but not yet submitted a proposal we encourage you to do so over the weekend.  The link for registration and speaker proposals is provided for reference.  Thanks on behalf of the Planning Team.