Online Webinar: Ignorance Management - 6 August 2019 #webinar

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

The following event may be of interest. More Info & RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Information-Innovation-UTS/events/261282548/

We talk about Knowledge Management but less so about Ignorance Management - and yet there is likely more ignorance in the world. And if knowledge is poorly understood then ignorance is even murkier. For this session, we will cover:
- The range of ignorances that we all find in organizational life and their impact on us.
- The benefits as well as the downsides of ignorance.
- The patterns of human behaviour that lead to ignorance.
- How we can harness as well as counter ignorance to lead to better outcomes.

Michael Smithson is a Professor in the Research School of Psychology at The Australian National University. His primary research interests are in judgment and decision making under ignorance and uncertainty, and statistical methods for the social sciences. His publications include 8 books, 2 edited collections, and more than 170 refereed journal articles and book chapters.

Jason Collins is Director, Behavioural Economics for PwC Australia. He has a PhD in Economics and Evolutionary Biology and was previously Senior Manager, Data Science at the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).

Matt Moore is an Honorary Associate and a Sessional Lecturer at University of Technology Sydney. He has written and spoken on knowledge management in relation to artificial intelligence, social media, and post-truth. Previously he has worked for Seven West Media, PwC, IBM, ASIC and Oracle.