Topics

Consultation about 3 document management system topics #maturity

Miguel Jordan

Dear SIKM colleagues:

this is Miguel Jordan from Chile. Wanted first to wish you a happy new year.

I decided to contact you because I wanted to get your recommendation in relation to the next KM challenge. A public client is asking for the design of a document management system that allows for an integrated approach to the management of the their physical and digital documents. We are trying to propose and focus now in the next aspects:
a) a tool and method  to raise the maturity level in relation to the actual Document Management system process
b) a document management policy manual
c) a standarized process and procedure documentation

What would you recommend me in relation to the mentioned points and which literature would be the best to revise?

Thanks very much and happy new year.

Miguel Jordan
www.vuca.cl

Ian Fry <ian@...>

Try Knosys.com.au

Ian Fry MAIPM, MAITD
Director

Knoco Australia Pty Ltd
T: 08 8391 1818
M: 0410 011 810
Web:www.knoco.com.au

Lessons Learned:https://www.lessonlearner.com.au/

Take the Latest Survey

Latest Newsletter

this is Miguel Jordan from Chile. Wanted first to wish you a happy new year.

I decided to contact you because I wanted to get your recommendation in relation to the next KM challenge. A public client is asking for the design of a document management system that allows for an integrated approach to the management of the their physical and digital documents. We are trying to propose and focus now in the next aspects:

a) a tool and method  to raise the maturity level in relation to the actual Document Management system process

b) a document management policy manual

c) a standarized process and procedure documentation

What would you recommend me in relation to the mentioned points and which literature would be the best to revise?

Thanks very much and happy new year.

Miguel Jordan

www.vuca.cl

Nirmala Palaniappan

Happy New Year to everyone here!

This may potentially give you some ideas for records management, Miguel.

Regards
Nirmala

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020, 22:49 Miguel Jordan, <ingenierojordan@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Ian!

--
Atte.
Miguel A.Jordán

Miguel Jordan

Thanks Nirmala!

El dom., 5 ene. 2020 a las 1:10, Nirmala Palaniappan (<Nirmala.pal@...>) escribió:
[...]

Hi Miguel

You may have considered the following, I cannot tell from the email.

I would ask if before making any recommendations you have:

  1. Established a (1) clear understanding of the current technology baseline and (2) a detailed understanding of the “to be” outcomes that is validated by the client.
  2. Defined the gap between the two
  3. Translated this into requirements based on 1. Above.
  4. And used this baseline to guide solutions research from which you would down select to a solution or set of solutions that satisfy those user requirements?
  5. Pilot those in the organization.

Best

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

[...]

Thanks Bill very much!

Part of the mentioned will be developed now during an "information retrieval" that will consider most of the actions you indicate below. In order to focus this information gathering to the mentioned KM challenge, I asked for recomendation in relation to those topics required.

Best regards,
Miguel

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

[...]

Thulasi Rajeev

Hi Miguel,

Unfortunately, I do not have any in-depth insights to help you out with this project as I haven't been practicing KM since past one year.
I wish you all the best & a happy new year.

Thulasi Rajeev

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020, 10:49 PM Miguel Jordan <ingenierojordan@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Thulasi!