What's a good KM conference in Europe?

Jasper Lavertu

Hi all, is there anyone who can recommend a good KM conference in Europe.
I am looking for a conference with a balanced mix of scientific and practitioner papers/presentations. The ones I know and/or can find on the internet seem to be mainly scientific.

Anybody with a good suggestion (if possible based on your own experience)?

Thanks!
Jasper

Merrill Anne Jordan

Jasper,

It's so funny that you sent this just now. I ran across this KM Summit happening in London from March 24-25, 2020. See link here

Sincerely,

Merrill

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 10:57, Jasper Lavertu <jlavertu@...> wrote:
Hi all, is there anyone who can recommend a good KM conference in Europe.
I am looking for a conference with a balanced mix of scientific and practitioner papers/presentations. The ones I know and/or can find on the internet seem to be mainly scientific.

Anybody with a good suggestion (if possible based on your own experience)?

Thanks!
Jasper

Derek Bostic

It’s happening relatively soon but you might check out the Henley Forum.

On Jan 16, 2020, at 10:57 AM, Jasper Lavertu <jlavertu@...> wrote:

Hi all, is there anyone who can recommend a good KM conference in Europe.
I am looking for a conference with a balanced mix of scientific and practitioner papers/presentations. The ones I know and/or can find on the internet seem to be mainly scientific.

Anybody with a good suggestion (if possible based on your own experience)?

Thanks!
Jasper

Here are 25 from the newly-updated list of KM Conferences:
  1. February 5-6, 2020 Henley-on-Thames, England - Henley Forum 20th Annual Conference https://www.henley.ac.uk/events/henley-forum-20th-annual-conference-collaboration-for-innovation-1
  2. February 11, 2020 Graz, Austria - AI-KNOW: World AI Congress for IT Experts http://ai-know.know-center.tugraz.at/
  3. March 22-26, 2020 Barcelona, Spain - eKNOW 2020: 12th International Conference on Information, Process & Knowledge Management https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/eKNOW20.html
  4. March 2-4, 2020 Copenhagen, Denmark - IntraTeam Event: The European DEX (Digital Employee Experience) Conference https://event.intrateam.com/
  5. March 24-25, 2020 London, England - KM Summit 2020 https://kmsummit.co.uk/
  6. April 1-2, 2020 Berlin, Germany - Big-Data.AI Summit 2020 https://www.big-data.ai/
  7. May 24-29, 2020 Venice, Italy - DBKDA 2020: 12th International Conference on Advances in Databases, Knowledge, and Data Applications https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/DBKDA20.html
  8. June 4-5, 2020 Lisbon, Portugal - Social Now 2020 http://socialnow.org/
  9. June 2-7, 2020 Paris, France - Sunbelt XL Conference https://www.insna.org/events/sunbelt-2020
  10. June 8-10, 2020 Wiesbaden, Germany - CollabSummit 2020: European Collaboration Summit 2020: The Modern Workplace Conference https://www.collabsummit.eu/en/
  11. June 11-13, 2020 Sibiu, Romania - KBO: 26th International Scientific Conference on Knowledge-Based Organizations http://www.armyacademy.ro/conference.php
  12. July 1-4, 2020 Lisbon, Portugal - KM Conference 2020 - International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management http://iiakm.org/conference/
  13. July 6-8, 2020 Aalborg, Denmark - 16th International ISKO Conference: International Society for Knowledge Organization https://www.communication.aau.dk/research/knowledge_groups/e-learning-lab/isko/
  14. July 14, 2020 London, England - Analytics Summit: Big data, AI, and Analytics https://www.theorsociety.com/what-we-do/events-conferences/analytics-summit/
  15. September 3-4, 2020 Coventry, England - ECKM 2020: 21st European Conference on Knowledge Management http://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/eckm/
  16. September 8-11, 2020 Tartu, Estonia - CollabTech 2020: 26th International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Social Computing http://www.collabtech.org/
  17. September 16-20, 2020 Bolzano, Italy - EKAW 2020: 22nd International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management https://ekaw2020.inf.unibz.it/
  18. September 22-23, 2020 London, England - Enterprise Business Collaboration 2020: Strategies, Technologies and Culture of Effective Collaboration https://www.enterprise-business-collaboration.com/
  19. September 28-29, 2020 London, England - Intra.NET Reloaded 2020 http://intranet-reloaded-london.com/en/
  20. September 28-29, 2020 Europe - Let’sConnect 16: International HCL Connections User Group https://letsconnect.world/
  21. September 29-October 1, 2020 Cologne, Germany - IOM SUMMIT 2020: Digital Workplace and Digital Transformation https://www.iom-summit.de/
  22. October 19-23, 2020 Galway, Ireland - CIKM2020: 29th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management http://www.cikmconference.org/
  23. November 2-4, 2020 Budapest, Hungary - IC3K 2020: 12th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and KM - KMIS: Knowledge Management & Information Systems http://www.ic3k.org/
  24. November 9-12, 2020 Amsterdam, Netherlands - ESPC20: The European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference http://www.sharepointeurope.com/
  25. November 23, 2020 Milan, Italy - 25th Knowledge Management Tracks http://www.jekpot.com/

I can't vouch for the quality of any of these. Perhaps other members can offer their opinions.

Yasmin Khan

Hi all,

There are a lot of great options for conferences in Europe. Has anyone at SIKM been to any of the European conferences mentioned?

Thanks for all the suggestions! It is helpful for me too.

Sincerely,
Yasmin Khan
Manager, Legal Information Services (Ministry of Attorney General)
Columbia IKNS 2015 graduate (emailing from this alumni address)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:32 PM Stan Garfield <stangarfield@...> wrote:
In addition to the two already suggested, here are seven more from KM Conferences
  1. March 22-26, 2020 Barcelona, Spain - eKNOW 2020: 12th International Conference on Information, Process & Knowledge Management https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/eKNOW20.html
  2. July 6-8, 2020 Aalborg, Denmark - 16th International ISKO Conference: International Society for Knowledge Organization https://www.communication.aau.dk/research/knowledge_groups/e-learning-lab/isko/
  3. September 3-4, 2020 Coventry, England - ECKM 2020: 21st European Conference on Knowledge Management http://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/eckm/
  4. September 16-20, 2020 Bolzano, Italy - EKAW 2020: 22nd International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management https://ekaw2020.inf.unibz.it/
  5. September 22-23, 2020 London, England - Enterprise Business Collaboration 2020: Strategies, Technologies and Culture of Effective Collaboration https://www.enterprise-business-collaboration.com/
  6. September 28-29, 2020 London, England - Intra.NET Reloaded 2020 http://intranet-reloaded-london.com/en/
  7. November 2-4, 2020 Budapest, Hungary - IC3K 2020: 12th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and KM - KMIS: Knowledge Management & Information Systems http://www.ic3k.org/
I can't vouch for the quality of any of these. Perhaps other members can offer their opinions.

John Hovell

Here’s David Gurteen’s list as well

Happy to share experiences from several of them...

Thanks,
John
JohnHovell@...

On 16 Jan 2020, at 16:46, Yasmin Khan <yk2644@...> wrote:

[...]

Zsuzsa Haviar

Hi,

I went to the Intra.net reloaded conference a few years ago.
While I managed to meet a few knowledge managers there whom I’m still in touch with, it was not particularly useful from KM prospective as the focus was on intranets - as the title says.
Personally, I wouldn’t go again.
However if anyone would like to, but his or her company finds it too expensive, negotiate the price.
Zsuzsa