holograms + training? anyone?

Barbara Bitondo

Hi K+L+IT Friends,

After reading this article I wondered if anyone knew of / had used firms that convert training using holograms?

https://www.ft.com/content/4b8a810c-1a88-11e9-b191-175523b59d1d

Thanks,

Can anyone respond to Barbara's query? If so, thanks for doing so.

Andrew Trickett

Hi, Barbara, i had heard that some oil companies such as BP and Exxon Mobil were using them especially around safety training. I've found a link using google which i'm sharing. it's an old post from 2017 but may help get you started. I'm sure there are examples from companies such as Oculus. I do wonder how we might be using these more within KM for storytelling using examples or creating scenarios based on previous project experience.

Of course, this is what we are really aiming for

Simon Denton

I know that the likes of PwC have been including holograms in some of their training programmes. Speaking with one of their PM's the feeling was that the equipment to provide holograms is not cheap and they are better suited to a 'wow factor' moment.

There seems to be more interest in virtual world training and knowledge.  Some organizations have used Second Life or other platforms to create virtual training spaces e.g. https://www.daden.co.uk/case-studies . From a knowledge perspective we have seen a steady increase of virtual platforms typically around Building Information Modelling , rehearsive platforms e.g. https://www.rehearsive.io/ , guided platforms like https://www.augmentir.com/platform

SharePoint spaces is a web-based, immersive platform, which allows you to create and share, secure and extensible mixed reality experiences. Add a new dimension to your intranet by using 2D and 3D web parts to create your mixed reality vision.
www.exploresharepointspaces.com

Augmentir is the world’s only AI-Powered Connected Worker platform for industrial companies. Augmentir is the first of its kind to combine enterprise augmented reality (AR) with artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to help frontline workers perform their jobs with higher quality and increased productivity while driving continuous improvement across the organization.
www.augmentir.com

Rehearsive helps you rehearse your construction processes ahead of time, unlocking safer, buildable design so that we can deliver right first time.
www.rehearsive.io

Below we present a selection of case studies from the wide variety of projects that we have done over the past decade. The vast majority are based on the PIVOTE authoring system that underlies both Trainingscapes and Fieldscapes, and all show you just some of the potential applications of this technology to improve the training of your staff, employees, students, customers and users.
www.daden.co.uk