ISO checklist (ISO 9001, ISO 15489, ISO 30300-30301) related to documents management #standards #content-management

Miguel Jordan

Dear Colleagues:

is there any ISO checklist (ISO 9001, ISO 15489, ISO 30300-30301) related to documents management (and records management) in order to verify if a new document management proposition is in compliance to the mentioned ISO standards?

Thanks very much for your comprehension.
Best regards,
Miguel Jordan

Daan Boom

I am not aware of such an ISO checklist but perhaps the royal route to address this question is through the AIIM (Association of Intelligent Information Management) and ARMA (Association of Records Managers) as they will be dealing with these kind of questions as core business.

Daan

On Jan 30, 2020, at 05:44, Miguel Jordan <ingenierojordan@...> wrote:

Dear Colleagues:

is there any ISO checklist (ISO 9001, ISO 15489, ISO 30300-30301) related to documents management (and records management) in order to verify if a new document management proposition is in compliance to the mentioned ISO standards?

Thanks very much for your comprehension.
Best regards,
Miguel Jordan

Miguel Jordan

Thanks Daan very much!

--
Atte.
Miguel A.Jordán

Daan Boom

It’s not addressing your question but you may find the ARMA maturitymodel useful. It has no reference to any of the ISO.

On Jan 30, 2020, at 06:55, Miguel Jordan <ingenierojordan@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks again Daan!
I will revise that document again. I used it for related purposes.
best regards,
Miguel

El mié., 29 ene. 2020 a las 20:01, Daan Boom (<daanboom@...>) escribió:
[...]

Stephen Bounds

Hi Miguel,

The National Archives of Australia (NAA) is actually pretty good at releasing implementation support information for records compliance. While obviously focusing on Australian legislative requirements, my evaluation is that following these guidelines should get you pretty close to a ISO 9001 compliant state:

The BSAF framework, also from the National Archives of Australia, is a pretty readable way of assessing compliance against ISO 16175, the standard which is generally applied to technology systems that include a recordkeeping compliance component (it's been described to me as "ISO 15489 for techies"):

While I'm not aware of any guides that specifically support the implementation of ISO 30300, it is one of the Annex SL quality systems which always have a standard set of minimum governance requirements and very similar boilerplate text.

Last year I put together an implementation guide for the KM standard (ISO 30401) which I expect could be adapted to reflect ISO 30300 pretty easily.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Stephen.

====================================
Stephen Bounds
Executive, Information Management
Cordelta
E: stephen.bounds@...
M: 0401 829 096
====================================
On 30/01/2020 7:44 am, Miguel Jordan wrote:

Dear Colleagues:

is there any ISO checklist (ISO 9001, ISO 15489, ISO 30300-30301) related to documents management (and records management) in order to verify if a new document management proposition is in compliance to the mentioned ISO standards?

Thanks very much for your comprehension.
Best regards,
Miguel Jordan

Miguel Jordan

Dear Stephen:
thanks very much for your answer and proposed links. I will revise all these now.
Best regards,
Miguel Jordan

El mié., 29 ene. 2020 a las 20:17, Stephen Bounds (<km@...>) escribió:

[...]

PS. I meant ISO 15489 compliance and not ISO 9001 for the first link below. You probably figured that out though :)

On 30/01/2020 9:34 am, Miguel Jordan wrote:

[...]

sure, but I wanted to corroborate it revising the mentioned survey.
Best regards,
Miguel